FreeBSD 11.0 RC3 Released, OS Still Trying To Get Out This Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post

Because there are less services running in your FreeBSD. Arch Linux with sys v could boot faster than Ubuntu with upstart. Depends on configuration.
    Quite likely so. Though that brings question how many of those default services in for example Kubuntu are really necessary.

Comment

It's just yours wishful thinking. Actually I hate os x GUI and that's why I'm using KDE not some os x ui clones (but I'll probably move to Unity 8 in the future). Furthermore, I'm using Linux, so I'm not a loser. If I was using BSD you could call me like that, because there are no technical reasons to use BSD (except zfs). I only have a single account, so if you have no arguments be quiet. Lying and implying is a bad thing.
      You're a clown. It's well known around here. This is a BSD thread so bugger off back to Linux threads where you can contribute something beyond well you can do that with Linux too. You can do a lot of this stuff with Windows/OS X so where does this leave your technical reason to use anything?

Comment

If I was using BSD you could call me like that, because there are no technical reasons to use BSD (except zfs).
        As there is also no technical reason to use Linux, you are obvously a.......

Comment

11.0-RELEASE is up on the mirrors btw. The announcement should be out today.

Comment

Originally posted by nasyt View Post
            As there is also no technical reason to use Linux, you are obvously a.......
            It has better hardware support and software support. Is that technical enough?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              It has better hardware support and software support.
              Better than BSD, maybe, but better everything out there... i couldn't really confirm that. but ok.

Ok, better hardware support and software support. Thats all?

Performance? Well yes, there are some Operating systems around that make Linux look fast!

Networking? Well, we live in crazy times where Servers run something like "Desktop OS modified for servers". I guess, those generally implement IP with the following attitude: as much of RFC compliance as necessary to hook our PCs up to the Internet.

Comment

Better than BSD, maybe,
                Yeah, that was the comparison Pawlerson is making. None has pulled up OSX or Android for lulz.

Performance? Well yes, there are some Operating systems around that make Linux look fast!
                BSD is usually among them.
                Still, "performance" is a bit generic.

Networking? Well, we live in crazy times where Servers run something like "Desktop OS modified for servers". I guess, those generally implement IP with the following attitude: as much of RFC compliance as necessary to hook our PCs up to the Internet.
                Wat?

Comment

Better than BSD, maybe, but better everything out there... i couldn't really confirm that. but ok.

Ok, better hardware support and software support. Thats all?

Oh my gosh! Dude, take a hint. I've been watching you and aht0 in the recent FreeBSD threads and I'm surprised that you haven't figured it out yet.

Try to think of this thread "FreeBSD 11.0 RC3 Released, OS Still ..." as a whole. It's a thread about FreeBSD 11.0 RC3 and the responses obviously ought to be about trying FreeBSD 11.0 RC3 or anything related. Right? Duh! In fact, posts #2, #25, #26, #27, #34 are the only posts in this entire thread that are actually relevant to the topic. And why is that?

Because you have idiots like Guest and starshipeleven who steer the thread away from its purpose. And they manage to do this by going off in provocative tangents that lead to no where. I mean, let's paraphrase what happened:

PhilPotter: New to BSD, installed 11.0 RC2, yaddi yaddi yadda...
                  Guest: You can do that in Linux too <-- Clear sign that this person is an idiot. Has nothing to do with FreeBSD 11.0 RC3.
                  starshipeleven: *rephrases what Guest said* <-- Clear sign of another idiot for the same reason.

And what follows? Decades of posts arguing with people that amount to trees. Arguing about what? That's the beauty of it! Absolutely nothing! These guys contribute nothing of value to any of these threads except chaos and arguments about absolutely nothing.

The joke is on you nasyt and aht0. You think you're having a reasonable intellectual conversation with some respectable techies about FreeBSD and Linux. You are talking to what amounts to trees about absolutely nothing relevant to any of these topics. And you're filling the threads up with this crap and accomplishing what these guys set out to do: ruin the thread/discussion.

These guys are not even worthy of your thoughts or time. You should not even try to think about what they say because that would be giving them too much respect and credit.

In my opinion, PhilPotter should have just said (at the most) to Guest: OK...
                  Although logging in, typing "OK...", and pressing Preview/Submit is too much time for garbage that amounts to "You can do that in Linux too." I mean unbelievable waste of time to post "OK..." to someone like Guest or starshipeleven. Don't even bother to respond if you know what's good for you.

And I leave you with a link to a youtube video of The Wisdom Cube. The Wisdom Cube is a character from an episode of ATHF that butts into conversations and talks about random crap that no one cares about. Kind of like the trolls of this thread... Only they package said random crap in a very provocative clever way.
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

[QUOTE=nslay;n901137]
                    starshipeleven: *rephrases what Guest said* <-- Clear sign of another idiot for the same reason.
                    Sorry, should have said that it had always been possible on FreeBSD too.
                    Really, the point was that he was being excited about things that were like that since a long time so Pawmerson and me assumed it was some kind of comparison with something.

Like "oh cool water is wet!"

You think you're having a reasonable intellectual conversation with some respectable techies about FreeBSD and Linux. You are talking to what amounts to trees about absolutely nothing relevant to any of these topics. And you're filling the threads up with this crap and accomplishing what these guys set out to do: ruin the thread/discussion.
                    Considering the standard-issue troll bullshit they post, I wouldn't be so sure they want to have an intellectual discussion.

And I leave you with a link to a youtube video of The Wisdom Cube. The Wisdom Cube is a character from an episode of ATHF that butts into conversations and talks about random crap that no one cares about.
                    That's totally not random crap none cares about, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by nslay View Post

Oh my gosh! Dude, take a hint. I've been watching you and aht0 in the recent FreeBSD threads and I'm surprised that you haven't figured it out yet.
                      I actually took intentional pause for a week and half, just been sitting in"read-only" mode. And I am going to simply ignoring village idiots, plain trolls, and patronizing "I know it all and gotta have last word about everything" in future.

---
                      Hm, what the hell..? I downloaded "11-RELEASE" iso on September 26th. Now, I see only RC3-s available on ftp's again and "11-RELEASE" nowhere in evidence..

Comment

Working...
                      X