DragonFlyBSD Switches Over To LibreSSL By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
    All they had to do was fix the heartbleed problem...
    Now M$ and bunch other companies dumped millions on the OpenSSL project.
    Bottom line: we a well funded project that everyone is leaving for an underfunded newer project...

Not the FOSS best moment.
    OpenSSL has many vulnerabilities , heartbleed is only one of them take a look at nvd.nist.gov or www.cvsdetails.com

Comment

Originally posted by dante View Post

OpenSSL has many vulnerabilities , heartbleed is only one of them take a look at nvd.nist.gov or www.cvsdetails.com
      But can't they get fixed?
      Can't patches be submited?
      Every piece of software has bugs...
      Unless you te'll me the OpenSSL maintainers are averse to fix bugs/vulnerabilities once discovered, i don't see what you expect to be different over at LibreSSL...

Comment

Unless you te'll me the OpenSSL maintainers are averse to fix bugs/vulnerabilities once discovered, i don't see what you expect to be different over at LibreSSL...
        Every software has flaws but at least OpenBSD developers follow better programming practices in terms of security

Comment

LibreSSL dumps code doing debatable things to reduce attack surface, among other things.
          That's the usual reason it is claimed to be better.

Comment

Working...
          X