Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beherit
    replied
    Judging by a post by its creator, partially quoted below, the claim of "getting Valve's Steam Linux game client running relatively well on FreeBSD" does not equal getting the actyak games running relatively well:

Originally posted by https://github.com/SteamOnFreeBSD/SteamOnFreeBSD/issues/1
    Work well only two games that I could run CS and CS:GO.

The games that I was able to run, have video but no sound, they use Fmod library for audio output and Fmod not available for FreeBSD.

It does not make sense to play the game without sound.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by PluMGMK View Post
    I do have an NVIDIA card though!
    Somewhat expected.

Leave a comment:

• PluMGMK
    replied
    I do have an NVIDIA card though!

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by PluMGMK View Post
    Cool. This may motivate me to give FreeBSD another try once the new version comes out, or perhaps even before that…
    If you don't have a NVIDIA card, you are probably better off waiting they finish their wrapper layer for porting linux open drivers

Leave a comment:

• PluMGMK
    replied
    Cool. This may motivate me to give FreeBSD another try once the new version comes out, or perhaps even before that…

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Script Makes It Easy To Deploy Steam On FreeBSD

Script Makes It Easy To Deploy Steam On FreeBSD

Phoronix: Script Makes It Easy To Deploy Steam On FreeBSD

With a new script, it's possible to get Valve's Steam Linux game client running relatively well on FreeBSD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X