Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReactOS 0.4.2 Nears With Many Features

Phoronix: ReactOS 0.4.2 Nears With Many Features

The first release candidate to the upcoming ReactOS 0.4.2 release is now available, the project aiming to be an open-source re-implementation of Microsoft Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

if skyrim works they have done a good job

offtopic: waiting to see dx10/11 implemented on wine

Comment

Good features, but last time I checked the overhyped ISO wasn't even bootable. That's such a basic feature to mess up, you can't even take them seriously.

Comment

Cool that Skyrim is working in ReactOS, although I bet the game will break in it and Wine once the redux / special edition versions are released for PC as I believe the game will move to a DirectX 11 based engine.

Comment

Wow, skyrim and doom 3 can be played? that's impressive, show me this.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post

offtopic: waiting to see dx10/11 implemented on wine
            I'm not sure about 11,but dx 10 is available for wine, is it not?

Comment

Last time I tried, It did not boot on two bare machine (an full intel core2 laptop and full amd system)

Oh, it did boot on the AMD one but no USB port was working so it was not really usable without the mouse/keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
                Last time I tried, It did not boot on two bare machine (an full intel core2 laptop and full amd system)

Oh, it did boot on the AMD one but no USB port was working so it was not really usable without the mouse/keyboard.
                Yeah they really need to get the base system working... like they have filesystems but they need CPU and they also need GPU and of course all the HID stuff, usb and sound would be a good start...

Wonder if you can use alsa on there...

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

I'm not sure about 11,but dx 10 is available for wine, is it not?
                  None of them are entirely implemented. In most games you have to use the DX9 fallover.
                  I highly doubt Skyrim can works on ReactOS, last try I did I could not even install Winrar...

Is the only proof we have is a strange video on Youtube? Someone tried?

Comment

Ok, I did a search of thier PR and application support pages..... I didn't find a single mention of Skyrim and Doom3? Where did you find this Michael?

EDIT: Never mind, stopped trying to use reactos.org, and instead just google-fu'd. Found it.

Comment

Working...
                    X