Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ReactOS 0.4.2 Nears With Many Features

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ReactOS 0.4.2 Nears With Many Features

    Phoronix: ReactOS 0.4.2 Nears With Many Features

    The first release candidate to the upcoming ReactOS 0.4.2 release is now available, the project aiming to be an open-source re-implementation of Microsoft Windows...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ctOS-0.4.2-RC1

  • #2
    if skyrim works they have done a good job

    offtopic: waiting to see dx10/11 implemented on wine

    Comment


    • #3
      Good features, but last time I checked the overhyped ISO wasn't even bootable. That's such a basic feature to mess up, you can't even take them seriously.

      Comment


      • #4
        Cool that Skyrim is working in ReactOS, although I bet the game will break in it and Wine once the redux / special edition versions are released for PC as I believe the game will move to a DirectX 11 based engine.

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow, skyrim and doom 3 can be played? that's impressive, show me this.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
            Cool that Skyrim is working in ReactOS, although I bet the game will break in it and Wine once the redux / special edition versions are released for PC as I believe the game will move to a DirectX 11 based engine.
            The Legendary Edition will show as a different game on steam, Bethesda already confirmed it, and you cqn search legendary edition on steam store and see the new appid

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by davidbepo View Post

              offtopic: waiting to see dx10/11 implemented on wine
              I'm not sure about 11,but dx 10 is available for wine, is it not?

              Comment


              • #8
                Last time I tried, It did not boot on two bare machine (an full intel core2 laptop and full amd system)

                Oh, it did boot on the AMD one but no USB port was working so it was not really usable without the mouse/keyboard.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RavFX View Post
                  Last time I tried, It did not boot on two bare machine (an full intel core2 laptop and full amd system)

                  Oh, it did boot on the AMD one but no USB port was working so it was not really usable without the mouse/keyboard.
                  Yeah they really need to get the base system working... like they have filesystems but they need CPU and they also need GPU and of course all the HID stuff, usb and sound would be a good start...

                  Wonder if you can use alsa on there...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by oleid View Post

                    I'm not sure about 11,but dx 10 is available for wine, is it not?
                    None of them are entirely implemented. In most games you have to use the DX9 fallover.
                    I highly doubt Skyrim can works on ReactOS, last try I did I could not even install Winrar...

                    Is the only proof we have is a strange video on Youtube? Someone tried?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X