FreeBSD 11.0 Alpha 4 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TiberiusDuval View Post
    I'd say all OS fanatics be they Windows fanatics, Apple fanatics, Linux fanatics, BSD fanatics, or even few remaining die-hard Amiga fanatics, are equally quite irritating or even toxic. They are blind to failings of their chosen OS, and quite prone to find everything wrong with other systems.
    That's what a fanatic (in general) is, what it is fanatic of is not relevant, behaviour is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

He's not being big hearted, your anti-BSD worldview is simply coloring intention into his not benchmarking BSD's graphics. Michael basically only benchmarks the BSDs at all when they do a release, and even then only usually FreeBSD. Besides outside of people like you who intend to use it to troll the BSDs the situation for FreeBSD just really isn't that interesting right now on the open source side, as we know that Radeon is going to perform like crap due to lacking dynamic power management and with Intel he can currently only benchmark up to Ivy Bridge (although the situation is likely to change quite a bit with the release of FreeBSD 11, particularly if linuxkpi makes it in). So as a result the real answer is that it simply isn't worth his time.
      Then I wonder why he makes such exceptions? Why don't you just say: bsd isn't interesting to Open Source side at all? It's exactly what you mean above, but as a bsd fanboy you're trying to lie me.

Comment

Originally posted by nasyt View Post

Not to forget that all these anti-BSD Guys are Pro-Linux-Bigots. Moreso, they're anti-Solaris, anti-AIX, anti-HP-UX and generally anti-non-Linux. Because, they can't accept, that their Toy-OS sucks!
        This toy-os powers most of the things on this Earth, so I recommend you to move somewhere else. If Linux is toy-os then bsd is a baby's dummy.

Comment

OpenBSD powers 30 000 elevators in U.S. It might have happened that you commited heresy and used BSD while shopping walmart.. If you don't like it, piss off into Linux threads troll..

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
            If Linux is toy-os then bsd is a baby's dummy.
            I don't care how bad BSD is, Linux is still a Toy-OS. There are tons of other OSes that are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
              If Linux is toy-os then bsd is a baby's dummy.
              You are always coming up with BSD in order to make Linux look fast. Compared to windows server 2012, linux is dog-slow.

Comment

Originally posted by nasyt View Post
                I am always coming up with bullshit in order to make Linux look bad. Compared to windows server 2012, linux is much better.
                fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                  OpenBSD powers 30 000 elevators in U.S. It might have happened that you commited heresy and used BSD while shopping walmart.. If you don't like it, piss off into Linux threads troll..
                  Elevators can be run by any half-decent microcontroller, or even simple dumb electronic boards without digital ICs, and they usually don't communicate with other machines in any way (i.e. only way to hack them is to connect physically to the main board.

They could have used whatever (even windows embedded), OpenBSD is overkill there.

So yeah, how about you stop trying to make yourself look like a fool?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    fixed.
                    Compared to windows server 2012, linux is at best comparable.

If not, why do you think, is Windows' Internet Server Marketshare at 32.3% almost as high as Linux' (35.9%)? And that despite Windows' outrageous high price.

Let's fix Guest 's scribble #23

If Linux is toy-os then bsd is a baby's dummy and windows is well hung meet.
                    Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      Elevators can be run by any half-decent microcontroller, or even simple dumb electronic boards without digital ICs, and they usually don't communicate with other machines in any way (i.e. only way to hack them is to connect physically to the main board.

They could have used whatever (even windows embedded), OpenBSD is overkill there.

So yeah, how about you stop trying to make yourself look like a fool?
                      It's you who takes hook every time I throw one sarcastic-minded bait out, even when you were not the target. Read the text over, slowly, with sarcasm and subtle personal attack vector in mind. Then you will understand that whether you need microcontrollers for running the elevators or not, is not the least important. I could as well claimed that OpenBSD has been used in big concerts for audio but the probability of him visiting one such concert was infinitely smaller than some dude in U.S visiting Walmart.

Now, please, let the thread fu*kin' die peacefully...

Comment

Working...
                      X