Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FreeBSD Is Pursuing A Compatibility Layer To Make It Easier To Run Linux DRM Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
    If I see bunch of these grabbers selling "free" bread, which isn't free anymore, what I'm supposed to think? At the end of day such activity helps to raise "bread mafia" which is struggling hard to grab all the baskets before others do to ensure others have to buy "their" bread on crappy terms. That's how BSD ecosystem works.
    YOU don't have to think on a thing.It wasn't your bread to begin with!!!. So, why are you playing such a pis*sed off drama queen about it? It's not like you lost a anything either way, so how come you make such an issue out of "what I may have lost or who may have profited on my behalf"? It's just none of YOUR fu*king business AT ALL. Deal with your own life and keep your nose out of other peoples lives. And keep from judging their actions using your own moral overlays.

Same applies directly to BSD's and Linux. Some like one, some other. Your condescending and arrogant attitude is insulting my free choice.

And that is my problem with this crap you sprout. When I was kid, I saw enough Soviet political teachers teaching Marxism. With similar attitude. "I know what and who are good, what and who are evil.. You have to think like this, act like this yada-yada-yada".. And they became very repressive if they suspected you thinking different. You could have ended up in prison or prison camp.

Closest modern analogue Westerner could understand would be, dunno..

liberal who is so exceedingly tolerant that he is ready to publicly crucify or strangle bare-handed anyone else that think even slightly different..

That's the kind of vibe's your giving me mr.SystemCrasher.

People have to have freedom to select their OS they like, select their licenses if they want to code and select their fu*king way of thinking. Get it? Multiplicity of OS'es and licenses is all to the good in that direction.
    Last edited by aht0; 11 June 2016, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
      YOU don't have to think on a thing.It wasn't your bread to begin with!!!.
      So, am I supposed to say "thank you" for all your help to raise bread mafia in the region? Erm, sorry, I have different idea about all this activity.

So, why are you playing such a pis*sed off drama queen about it? It's not like you lost a anything either way,
      Raise of bread mafia means negative effects landing on my head as well. BSD wrenches is what helped DRMed/proprietary corps, and I'm not big fan of all this MAFIAA crap, to say the least. This leads to locked down world, etc. But I swear I would follow your advice to go and create, I like this advice, with the only amendment I woulnd't do everything myself, but rather would leverage power of open. It works. I've already checked - now even single human could create fairly custom device, doing virtally "FULL STACK" alone. Ain't it cool? Let's see if these proprietary spiggots are really needed! XD

so how come you make such an issue out of "what I may have lost or who may have profited on my behalf"? It's just none of YOUR fu*king business AT ALL.
      Wrong. This causes rise of MAFIAA, who does not minds bullying me and others here and there. So it is my business as well. These have to be stopped and those who helps them to appear aren't my best friends either. So it seems we need some laws to put bullies in line. Else they just gain almost total power and (ab)use others all the time. So at the end of day we have some total control and nasty DRM crap which is not exactly easy to avoid and when you buy some hardware, you never know it comes with strings attached. At very least I think there should be laws demanding very clear description of DRM schemes in use, possible lmitations and other terms. Like e.g. Intel HW is silently comes with proprietary Management Engine backdoor, you can't remove it, but fuck, nobody warns user about this before purchase. Which is FRAUDULENT approach!

Same applies directly to BSD's and Linux. Some like one, some other. Your condescending and arrogant attitude is insulting my free choice.
      Your freedom to shoot your neighbor somehow hurts freedoms of your neighbor. Therefore you do not have freedom to shoot your neighbor. Same should be true with all these DRM bitches, who are crpippling rights of many and many users and garnering treachery. Thanks for helping to raise all this MAFIAA crap.

And that is my problem with this crap you sprout. When I was kid, I saw enough Soviet political teachers teaching Marxism. With similar attitude. "I know what and who are good, what and who are evil.. You have to think like this, act like this yada-yada-yada".. And they became very repressive if they suspected you thinking different. You could have ended up in prison or prison camp.
      Somehow, it strongly reminds me behavior of Sony corp, Apple, Intel/ME, etc - where you're thrown into virtual jail without warning (uhm, who warns me on DRM restrictions on device purchase? On non-removable Intel's ownership of "my" PC? Etc?). Then these pests enforce their will in hardcore ways which are difficult to override. I do not get how or why I should consider it something different. Yet another bunch of dictators, nothing more, nothing less. They are even worse than communists, because communists were at least honestly declaring what they are up to. These treacherous wrenches prefer to stay silent about their filthy intentions, but in practice they're backstabbing unsuspecting users here and there.

liberal who is so exceedingly tolerant that he is ready to publicly crucify or strangle bare-handed anyone else that think even slightly different..
      That's why we have some set of laws which actually restrict e.g. your freedom to kill your neighbor. This is limitation of freedom, but you see, excersising PERFECT freedom could hurt freedom of someone else. I'm not okay with Sony, Intel, Apple, etc hurting my freedoms, especially in their twisted, treacherous ways, where their shit backstabs without even giving warning and enforces their will or kills my computer system, as the only option. I'm not okay with this kind of attitude and I'm sorry to inform mass murderers, but the fact I dislike them does not implies I'm also communist.

Comment

Bread mafia? So much horse shit. You PRESUME a lot. Ever heard of "guilty until proven opposite"? Imagine now your ex-wife accusing you of beating her up, perhaps even raping her against her will and have some of her friends testify against you during investigation. Along with huge media drama including a lot of tears and gruesome details by her. So that by the time you get to court, everyone, including their grandmother's dogs, are thinking you as wife beater and rapist.. No matter what you are trying to tell. How do you think you would like being thought as guilty without proof?

First of all, single guy who decided to take that bread cannot be mafia simply because mafia is organized crime that needs to have more than single guy. Second, "bread mafia" would have to be based on fact that I would do sh!t like baking "free bread" on regular basis so that they could take advantage of it.

Corporate ("evil" for you) entities are what are driving the technical development. A lot of them dabble also in military R&D but not all. If world would be by your convictions, we would still be messing around with steam engines.

If you don't like their conditions they are presenting in their EULA's don't buy their products. You don't have to. But leave other potential customers their free choice to decide. No, you have to go all the way, deciding for others as well that they should not use this or buy that. I don't like it.

Your ideas are something like social democrat would talk to anyone who would listen. "good of the people", "evil corporations" et cetera. Is there one country in world where social democrats and their best and brightest ideas have not made more harm than good? It's idealistic crap not applicable to the real world. Same with software and hardware.

You again, do not have to use Sony, Intel or Apple's products - IF you do not accept their conditions. If you want to use and use their products but are not willing to accept their conditions, it does not make you anything else than thief. It's not a matter of them harming your "freedoms" at all.

Comment

Working...
        X