Windows 10 Radeon Software vs. AMDGPU On Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Little games yes, but most big titles refuse to launch because of OpenGL version...
    I don't understand what distinction you are trying to make.
    CS:GO and Portal work. Those seem like pretty major games.
    Maybe if I knew what point you're trying to prove...

Comment

These are still "little games", looking at the effort put into development. Valve is mainly maintaining their stuff (how old is cs?), they are not a big developer company anymore.
      However, the player base is huge, of course but the ones from candy crush is too...

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post

I don't understand what distinction you are trying to make.
        CS:GO and Portal work. Those seem like pretty major games.
        Maybe if I knew what point you're trying to prove...
        Old games generally works, but Dota2 gives you a red screen for example. Some others from my library refuse to launch putting an OpenGL error.

Comment

Old games generally works, but Dota2 gives you a red screen for example. Some others from my library refuse to launch putting an OpenGL error.
          Ah, OK. I'd imagine that part of the issue is that Mesa is developed to the opengl standard first, and then "fixes" are added as problems with games are reported. Some of those problems are genuine bugs, others are due to the game misusing opengl (writing to drivers).
          Regardless, that's something that is only getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post

Ah, OK. I'd imagine that part of the issue is that Mesa is developed to the opengl standard first, and then "fixes" are added as problems with games are reported. Some of those problems are genuine bugs, others are due to the game misusing opengl (writing to drivers).
            Regardless, that's something that is only getting better.
            Yes in every kernel change I see less and less errors and more and more games running without hacks. So let's give Intel some time to achieve OpenGL last versions.

Comment

Yes in every kernel change I see less and less errors and more and more games running without hacks. So let's give Intel some time to achieve OpenGL last versions.
              I'm in no hurry

Comment

Hey (first post ever),

I just scrolled through this discussion in the hopes to get some information how to replicate these results. I have an R9 380X and I wanted to try the new hybrid driver stack.

1) I followed the instructions on the AMD website (with Ubuntu 14.04) and ended up getting shit performance with AMDGPU-Pro.

2) Then I wanted to try what was done in this review, installed Ubuntu 16.04 with Kernel 4.4, installed AMDGPU-Pro and it promtly failed to load that module. Now I can't even launch games.

So...yea. Any input here? What am I missing? :/

Comment

Working...
                X