Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passso
    replied
    As hardware and Windows evolve faster than they can achieve work this project will never end... unless a miraculous amount of money found it.

Leave a comment:

• ruthan
    replied
    Well for emulation without XP license i could be great once, but for now is only prototype and maybe 1% of apps working, so not big deal.

Leave a comment:

• OlafLostViking
    replied
    Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
    SATA support as a new feature in 2016 is beyond pathetic.
    I am not using ReactOS, so I probably misunderstand: But their announcement says that SATA was introduced with 0.3.10 in 2009. The 0.4.0 announcement just lists all changes from 0.3.0 which was published 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    Originally posted by rabcor View Post
    Yes, now if only those parties would fund this project.. Things would go a bit faster, I'm surprised in fact that the russian government doesn't help fund this project, they sure have shown interest.
    I believe the React team actually tried to get funding at some point from the Russian government who put out some funding for a series of official OS' only recently (last couple of years).

Leave a comment:

• Michael_S
    replied
    ReactOS was a very interesting and promising project... about 10 years ago.

​SATA support as a new feature in 2016 is beyond pathetic. Seriously, *all* our company computers are running on M.2/NVMe. Same goes for my home PC. By 2020 they *might* get full XP win32 compatibility, but don't hold your breath lol.
    It's a volunteer project with no big money funding development. If you don't like it, don't use it. Don't insult the people working on it.

Leave a comment:

• rabcor
    replied
    Originally posted by c117152 View Post

Not necessarily. I've recently seen a linux box using WINE to run an XP era property program that W7 failed to run. As Microsoft closes off the PC, and W7 EOL (2020) draws near, there might be some interest in maintaining ReactOS by some parties. Especially if they can get an ARM port going where Microsoft failed to do so.
    Yes, now if only those parties would fund this project.. Things would go a bit faster, I'm surprised in fact that the russian government doesn't help fund this project, they sure have shown interest.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Palmer
    replied
    Originally posted by zxtlpn View Post
    Installed ROS, window titles flickering just like in SVN, installed some software, then it froze, rebooted to debug, froze in a gray screen, rebooted normally, recurring BSOD.

Now I'm sad.
    Sounds like an astonishingly authentic Windowstm eXPeriencetm to me! Had you just installed a set of Via drivers you'd spent the previous three days running the gauntlet of every malware site known to man to find? Or plugged in a webcam?..

Last edited by Dick Palmer; 16 February 2016, 11:09 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• zxtlpn
    replied
    Installed ROS, window titles flickering just like in SVN, installed some software, then it froze, rebooted to debug, froze in a gray screen, rebooted normally, recurring BSOD.

Now I'm sad.

Leave a comment:

• tigerroast
    replied

​SATA support as a new feature in 2016 is beyond pathetic. Seriously, *all* our company computers are running on M.2/NVMe. Same goes for my home PC. By 2020 they *might* get full XP win32 compatibility, but don't hold your breath lol.

Wait until 2022. That's when they'll have full HDMI support.

Leave a comment:

• c117152
    replied

Not necessarily. I've recently seen a linux box using WINE to run an XP era property program that W7 failed to run. As Microsoft closes off the PC, and W7 EOL (2020) draws near, there might be some interest in maintaining ReactOS by some parties. Especially if they can get an ARM port going where Microsoft failed to do so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X