Windows 10 Reportedly On 200+ Million Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
    OK. And the applications written for those devices are wrote on said devices also? Or are they written on the PC? You're one of those bitches that believe that the PC is dead aren't you?
    you are one of those imbeciles who can't understand difference between 'disappeared' and 'marked growth stopped'
    pcs are still in use, but money are moving somewhere else

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
      visual studio? Huh? Really? Real software developers use tools that can generate software that runs on the platform used by most of their customers, which is ANDROID. You can't get there from visual studio.
      I must've been sleepwalking the past 2 months then...
      Furthermore, real software developers use what they think is the best tool for the job. In many regards, Visual Studio can be considered to fit that bill.

Comment

Generally in my experience it is a Better OS than 8/8.1. I liked 8, but 10 is another Windows 7. It is solid, has a decent decent plain aesthetic that I like and in my experience works pretty well on my desktop. The new control panel is a bit meh but it seems to work okay once you know you way around it.

The only thing that is irritating me is that I can't choose when to install updates and I've had reboots where I left my machine while working at lunch / evening and I've lost my session. Power management while it works fine, is either too aggressive or not aggressive enough.

None of these problems have caused me to care to much.

Regarding privacy most of what it sends back has been the same since Vista. Cortana is the main difference as much like Google Now and Siri if they are too be useful they need to send a lot of data back.

Disclaimer: I use Google Now on my phone, so that is similarly intrusive. I use products from Apple, Microsoft and Google and tbh they know enough about me now, there isn't much point worrying.

I would prefer if Cortana was off by default, since it changes how search works via the start menu compared to Vista / 7.

Once Cortana is stable for Android I may try using that instead of Google Now if it integrates better with my PC at home.
        Last edited by lucas_maximus; 05 January 2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
          Keep hallucinating! Windows 10 is so superior to any linux distro it's not even funny. There is nothing that linux can do that windows can't do better. And there are things that windows can do that linux can't do.. like run photoshop or 3ds max or visual studio or shit... anything related to productivity. Linux == toy. Windows == real men!
          Microsoft rapes your as, and you are voluntarily defending it. But as you defend it, you deserve it.

Comment

Working...
          X