Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing Graphics Hardware Acceleration With Microkernels

Phoronix: Doing Graphics Hardware Acceleration With Microkernels

At last week's XDC2015 conference in Toronto, Jamey Sharp talked about hardware graphics acceleration support on microkernels...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Quite an interesting talk, I wonder if it's been uploaded to YT already

Comment

I can't wait to have a microkernel as my main OS. I would happily ditch Linux for this.

(I mean, an open source, usable microkernel).

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
        I can't wait to have a microkernel as my main OS. I would happily ditch Linux for this.

(I mean, an open source, usable microkernel).
        uhmmmmm, why don't you give minix a spin? It already compiles most of the packages offered by pkgsrc and from what I can tell is pretty usable.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post

uhmmmmm, why don't you give minix a spin? It already compiles most of the packages offered by pkgsrc and from what I can tell is pretty usable.
          Just tried it in a vm, but [s]I couldn't get past the keyboard layout selection. There are a lot of missing files, it seems, with wc, [/s] forget about that. It just worked. I am now playing with it, thanks for the advice.

I don't think I will install it on my main rig, however, since I think that OSS graphics drivers might not be up to par with Linux
          Maybe on my old notebook, though.

Comment

Working...
          X