No announcement yet.

Lumina Desktop 0.8.6 Adds New Localization Options & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, having played with Lumina on PC-BSD for a bit, which is at 0.8.4, it's completely stable, and works. Startup is fast. Currently however the UI is rather primitive, and way too mouse-oriented, their start menu has no search capability for example. There's a few bugs like its locking and unlocking system not really working properly. Overall though there's nothing that particularly appeals to me about it over KDE Plasma 5.

Comment

Originally posted by endman View Post

You and Luke_Wolf are in denial about the state of Lumina and BSD in general.
      Don't presume to know my opinion about the state of BSD in general as I have never stated it online.

For the record, I don't care much for software licenses as long as the software is accessible to me. I care more about technology in general.

You need to see the truth. Try actually using Lumina for once rather then judging it base on some beautified screenshot with description full of lies posted by some BSD fanboy. Lumina is a lost cause. It has terrible user experience, prohibits productivity and has poor reliability.
      Again with the assumptions.

I have used Lumina in PC-BSD up until about a month ago.

All I can say is that it is a bit different (compared to other desktop environments I've used).

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post

Don't presume to know my opinion about the state of BSD in general as I have never stated it online.

For the record, I don't care much for software licenses as long as the software is accessible to me. I care more about technology in general.

Again with the assumptions.

I have used Lumina in PC-BSD up until about a month ago.

All I can say is that it is a bit different (compared to other desktop environments I've used).

Honestly, it's endman, he proved recently enough that he doesn't actually even believe what he writes, he's just trolling in favour of GNU and against BSD. Anything bad he writes can be taken as being a lie.

Comment

Working...
        X