No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Reportedly On 67+ Million PCs Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a crazy friend who says that operating system should do more stuff than just send data to Microsoft. Is he crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by WOLF308 View Post
      The number doesn't surprise me. I mean the average windows user clicks on stuff without paying attention to what they're doing so it goes without saying there's going to be a high adoption rate simply because people will stumble into it. I'm just glad I got out of IT as a profession years ago and won't have to deal with it.

Except it is not a matter of a single click. MS made sure the users were quite informed how the whoe thing happened this time. It's was a bit surprising, really, but to their credit - you simply cannot go through the update process without knowing what that whole thing is about. They know such a huge update can break things so their legal team sure did make them go out of their way to inform the users exactly what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by mao_dze_dun View Post
        MS made sure the users were quite informed how the whoe thing happened this time.
        Never put words "users" and "informed" in the same sentence. It's not Microsoft's fault perhaps but average user is a person who doesn't realize they can search Windows 7 start menu for installed applications even though there's a search bar that explicitly says "Search programs and files".

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
          I have a crazy friend who says that operating system should do more stuff than just send data to Microsoft. Is he crazy?
          What is crazy there for you if he say "operating system should do more stuff, than just send data to Microsoft"?
          Last edited by dungeon; 02 August 2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Yeah people was also same right on Windows XP release date - as history said. That was the same boring hype to me.

chrisb

Cool, enjoy a party now. Please wake me up once hype stops

Cool party but it looks like they forgot to invite any women.

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
              Which, of course, is completely wrong. Don't forget about mobile, embedded, and server space.
              Of course, why not throw super computers and clusters into the mix to move the goal posts the further?

Comment

Originally posted by mao_dze_dun View Post

Except it is not a matter of a single click. MS made sure the users were quite informed how the whoe thing happened this time. It's was a bit surprising, really, but to their credit - you simply cannot go through the update process without knowing what that whole thing is about. They know such a huge update can break things so their legal team sure did make them go out of their way to inform the users exactly what is going on.

Never said it was a single click.

Even though I've been out of the IT business for a couple years now, burned out after +20 years of doing it, I'm getting calls and emails from former clients as well as friends asking me "what's the deal with this windows 10 thing". So no matter how well you try to explain something technical to non technical people, there eyes will usually just gloss over and they'll blunder on with what they're doing regardless of the consequences. Not to mention the fact that people see the word free on something and immediately assume it's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post

Of course, why not throw super computers and clusters into the mix to move the goal posts the further?
                  Who's moving the goalposts? He said Win10 installs had already outstripped Linux installs; he was wrong. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post

So Windows Update accounting for over 10% of all Internet traffic isn't enough for you?
                    did you misunderstand me or i didn't explain well....
                    what makes you believe that there is graphics of "all internet traffic"!?!? this graphics are about their interent traffic and it's 10% of the expected traffic....
                    do you understand me now?

Comment

Well there are already more Steam users with Win10 than Linux, impressive adoption rate...

Comment

Working...
                      X