Windows 10 Reportedly On 67+ Million PCs Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    It's unfortunate, but my first-gen Surface stays stuck on Windows RT 8.1, with no chance of ever seeing Windows RT 10 being released.

lol windows RT ....

better swap it already for a linux distro.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

It definitely was a great marketing success and unlike OS upgrades before, you now get to keep most your apps, settings and personal files with the upgrade. In this sense Linux upgrades are far worse, there's never much hope for keeping your extra-distro software working. Lennart & co have been thinking of how to fix this though so maybe some day...

Snappy packages for ubuntu should help that too.

now snappy + systemd Stateless + btrfs will be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Who are they? He is anonymous:

Technically spoken neither Microsoft claim this, neither we know who is anonymous... he can be even fired tommorow if he really exists and we will still don't know thing about it
        Microsoft have officially stated that 14 million devices were updated in the first 24 hours. I don't think the figures are that controversial - there are millions of Windows installs in the world, Windows 7 and Windows 8 combined have around 65% of the desktop market, and if you ask those users if they want to upgrade for free, most are probably going to say yes.
        Last edited by chrisb; 01 August 2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
          67 million win 10 installs? That is absurdly more than Linux as a whole has, or for that matter will ever get in the next 5 years. Microsoft has once again gangbanged Linux out of existence. Linux numbers are complete joke. No chance, none. Especially now that Windows is also free.

Which, of course, is completely wrong. Don't forget about mobile, embedded, and server space.
          Last edited by Scimmia; 01 August 2015, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post

Which, of course, is completely wrong. Don't forget about mobile, embedded, and server space.
            Sadly the most popular implementation of linux on mobile it the windows XP of mobile Operating Systems.

Comment

heh on one of graphics about reserved traffic is shown that the max load is 10% , so based on their current userbase they expected almost 90% more traffic, but they get only 10%. I think someone at marketing already lost their jobs... sad story...

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I undertand you too somehow, but do you know what I reading now from you I also readed on Windows XP release days - same thing, just another man with low posts (or maybe he isn't another one )... And i am not neither ghost of Sigmund Freud, nor that i am on heroine...

Nothing personal, might be Deja Vu

Linux was there fully working for anyone who want to use it at the time of Windows XP relase date, Windows 95 was just like Windows 7 now, and there was 98/SE/Me like 8/8.1

Deja Vu

Here's a post from somebody who's a forum regular - he's right, don't be a mule.

Comment

Originally posted by edmon View Post
                  heh on one of graphics about reserved traffic is shown that the max load is 10% , so based on their current userbase they expected almost 90% more traffic, but they get only 10%. I think someone at marketing already lost their jobs... sad story...
                  So Windows Update accounting for over 10% of all Internet traffic isn't enough for you?

Comment

Originally posted by mao_dze_dun View Post
                    Here's a post from somebody who's a forum regular - he's right, don't be a mule.
                    Yeah people was also same right on Windows XP release date - as history said. That was the same boring hype to me.

chrisb

Cool, enjoy a party now. Please wake me up once hype stops

Last edited by dungeon; 02 August 2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

The number doesn't surprise me. I mean the average windows user clicks on stuff without paying attention to what they're doing so it goes without saying there's going to be a high adoption rate simply because people will stumble into it. I'm just glad I got out of IT as a profession years ago and won't have to deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X