• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
    How about "Eniw's Not Inverted Wine"?
    lol, I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
      How about "Eniw's Not Inverted Wine"?
      We have a winner. Lets spam the guys at Foreign LINUX until this is the official name.

Comment

That's kinda cool, although what I would really like to be able to do is replace the desktop shell of windows with a Linux desktop environment, like enlightenment or openbox or something, and make the windows look and behave like a linux machine, but with the ability to run windows binaries natively.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
          .tsaf yllaer driew yllaer teg osla d'ti ,suoiralih eb d'taht hguoht nevE
          I hope `rev` runs under Foreign Linux...

Comment

I don't really see the point. (Except from it being a challenge for the programmers...) Open source software can just be ported and run natively.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              I don't really see the point. (Except from it being a challenge for the programmers...) Open source software can just be ported and run natively.
              True, and almost all closed-source programs are also on Windows too.

The main benefit I can see of stuff like this (if cygwin can't do it - I'm not sure) is running X applications over SSH.

Comment

That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard

Who would EVER run windows as a native OS??? tsk. tsk. tsk.

Comment

"ENIW Now Invades Windows"

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                    That's kinda cool, although what I would really like to be able to do is replace the desktop shell of windows with a Linux desktop environment, like enlightenment or openbox or something, and make the windows look and behave like a linux machine, but with the ability to run windows binaries natively.
                    Meh. A curiosity, nothing more. As Linux users who might occasionally need to run some pesky legacy windows app, this is pretty much the inverse of what we need.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                      You right!
                      I lost almost 3 Hours, trying to find the problem he said exist, and in the end, the problem was behind the keyboard or...HIMSELF...he was using a MS windows computer to administrate Unix Like machines...
                      You never actually said what the actual problem was. Putty (or whatever SSH client you prefer) works just fine on Windows. Simply running SSH from a Windows client won't break a Linux server.

Comment

Working...
                      X