Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eydee
    replied
    I don't really see the point. (Except from it being a challenge for the programmers...) Open source software can just be ported and run natively.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisIrwin
    replied
    Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    .tsaf yllaer driew yllaer teg osla d'ti ,suoiralih eb d'taht hguoht nevE
    I hope `rev` runs under Foreign Linux...

Leave a comment:

• rabcor
    replied
    That's kinda cool, although what I would really like to be able to do is replace the desktop shell of windows with a Linux desktop environment, like enlightenment or openbox or something, and make the windows look and behave like a linux machine, but with the ability to run windows binaries natively.

Leave a comment:

• profoundWHALE
    replied
    Originally posted by xeekei View Post
    How about "Eniw's Not Inverted Wine"?
    We have a winner. Lets spam the guys at Foreign LINUX until this is the official name.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by xeekei View Post
    lol, I like it!

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
    It would also break acronym, "Emulator Not Is Wine".
    Then we should write the acronym in Arabic since Arabic is written from right to left so people would naturally read it without breaking the meaning: وإنأ

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    Originally posted by tpruzina View Post

Leave a comment:

• tuxd3v
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Imagine running a linux host, with a Windows VM, running Foreign LINUX, which is running wine, which runs cygwin, to run a program that runs natively on both OSes. I can't think of a better way for a computer to actually re-write the kernel so it can render a middle finger pointed at you on the screen.
    You right!

Some 10 years ago, one colleague mine have a mac pro...
    He used MAcOS above a vm in parallels with windows, and above cigwin to use gcc to compile the projects...

Well...He declared him self like a "smart guy", BUT the reality is that he was a "brain dead guy"...
    the MAC pro almost stop at every processing needed...I never saw an "amount of stupidity" together in the same room and worst from the same person, from the people who I am used to work.

3 weeks ago, I find a VETERAN SysAdmin with problems with the thousands of KVM machines he was Runing..

He asked me for help, I said OK.

I lost almost 3 Hours, trying to find the problem he said exist, and in the end, the problem was behind the keyboard or...HIMSELF...he was using a MS windows computer to administrate Unix Like machines...

This is the first feeling that you have... a newbie starting to work... Of course, when you use a Windows machine to deal with Linux environment, a lot of things can go bad...the question that I made to myself was...
    "Those this guys, have EVER been a Linux SysAdmin"?

You can try but you can never achieve the same productivity, in Windows, administrating or programing to Linux computers...they are different!

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Imagine running a linux host, with a Windows VM, running Foreign LINUX, which is running wine, which runs cygwin, to run a program that runs natively on both OSes. I can't think of a better way for a computer to actually re-write the kernel so it can render a middle finger pointed at you on the screen.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    .tsaf yllaer driew yllaer teg osla d'ti ,suoiralih eb d'taht hguoht nevE

Leave a comment:

Working...
X