Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD Finishes Switching Over To GNOME 3.x

Phoronix: FreeBSD Finishes Switching Over To GNOME 3.x

FreeBSD GNOME developers have had various GNOME 3.x components in the FreeBSD Ports repository for months, and with GNOME 2.x now being decommissioned by this BSD operating system, the GNOME3 X11 desktop has replaced GNOME2 on the DVD install media script...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Huh, so how are they managing the whole logind issue?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      Huh, so how are they managing the whole logind issue?
      consolekit.

Comment

Originally posted by q66_ View Post
        consolekit.
        I see. Are they actually maintaining it, or are they just coping with the random failures in GNOME that come from not using logind?

Comment

I see. Are they actually maintaining it, or are they just coping with the random failures in GNOME that come from not using logind?
          not maintaining it, it just happens to work right now.

that said, consolekit2 is being actively developed https://github.com/ConsoleKit2/ConsoleKit2 and there is also a logind/libsystemd compatible shim on top of ck2: https://github.com/dimkr/LoginKit

so I suppose ck support is not going away from gnome anytime soon (though it might be updated for ck2 changes i guess).

Comment

Well, the ConsoleKit repo on freedesktop.org hasn't seen a commit in the past year and a half, so I'm guessing they're just coping.

Comment

Working...
            X