Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReactOS 0.3.17 Now Runs More 16-bit Windows Applications

Phoronix: ReactOS 0.3.17 Now Runs More 16-bit Windows Applications

ReactOS made news yesterday for finally having NTFS file-system read support and today it's making news for its new release, v0.3.17...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

day to day computing with win16 apps. sounds like a joke

Comment

A NT4/Win2k clone that can NOW, after about 15 years of development read (but not write) the NT filesystem. This is amazing.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I'm legitimately excited to possibly be able to play my copy of Sonic R natively again after all these years.

Comment

Personally I find it awesome that these kind of hobbyist OSes keeping legacy apps alive are there (Windows along with Atari os and beos are legacy ). An extra advantage of reactos is the code sharing with the wine project.

Does anyone know the level of OS/2 support and what the actual status is?

Comment

Even to this day, I still support people who use packages like Quicken from the early 90's because the newer version keep nerfing feature's or whatever each edition.
            Hi

Comment

Originally posted by staalmannen View Post
              Does anyone know the level of OS/2 support and what the actual status is?
              OS/2 is now being developed and sold (a bit rip-off as you will need an annual subscription too for upgrades) as eComStation, not too much excited improvements there, just keep in mind that NTFS support is buggy (you will need to buy a commercial s/w for proper NTFS support) and the USB driver is under constant development, but you can run 16bit win3 apps , fantastic eh ? I canceled my annual subscription last year, as the eCS is quite problematic to be installed on newer h/ware and
              the devs started to implement packaging manager based on.... (linux) yum (!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
                Who is funding these guys? This ReactOS is a complete joke. Shouldn't they be making something more useful? It takes them too long to get basic features into their OS. Amateurs at best.
                You could do better?

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
                  I wouldn't waste my time on something like this.
                  Why waste your time talking about it either?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                    Why waste your time talking about it either?
                    His time is that worthless, that's why.

Comment

Working...
                    X