No announcement yet.

Debian Jessie Might Get Rid Of The kFreeBSD Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I don't mind if they drop FreeBSD support altogether. What seems to be needed is a distro for FreeBSD, like Ubuntu has been for Linux. (popularizing it)

But, that has more to do with me wanting to replace the current package manager with something better.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      Personally, I don't mind if they drop FreeBSD support altogether. What seems to be needed is a distro for FreeBSD, like Ubuntu has been for Linux. (popularizing it)

But, that has more to do with me wanting to replace the current package manager with something better.
      There is already PC-BSD that does exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
        There is already PC-BSD that does exactly that.
        I know...

(sorry I should have made it clear that I knew that)

Comment

We remain gravely concerned about the viability of this port.
          #DeeplyConcerned

Originally posted by madjr View Post
          I remember 1 debian dev attacking systemd, cuz their bsd spin would not be compatible...
          That would be Edgew... err... Jackson.

Comment

Yes, that is will be a good decision for Debian. not only is having a spin of a distro based on a an old and slow kernel which lacks the adequate features. But it also drains manpower and causes dissension, fights and disunity in the project and keeps them from adopting new technologies like systemd, btrfs and cgroups.

By the way, Debian should not only get rid of the kFreeBSD port entirely but also the developers and any supports of the port. You can be sure that they were the people who cause the entire Debian project to be stagnant for 2 years on the adoption of systemd.

Down with BSD
            Down with BSD
            Down with BSD

Comment

Originally posted by endman View Post
              Yes, that is will be a good decision for Debian. not only is having a spin of a distro based on a an old and slow kernel which lacks the adequate features. But it also drains manpower and causes dissension, fights and disunity in the project and keeps them from adopting new technologies like systemd, btrfs and cgroups.

By the way, Debian should not only get rid of the kFreeBSD port entirely but also the developers and any supports of the port. You can be sure that they were the people who cause the entire Debian project to be stagnant for 2 years on the adoption of systemd.

Down with BSD
              Down with BSD
              Down with BSD
              If you'd like a little bit more credibility and public humiliation, you can always present your case on Debian mailing list with your real name and message signed with your project-trusted GPG key

Comment

Hello at all systemd "pragmatics", err, I mean paid RedHat/NSA trolls. Psyops for Nerds. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by kringel View Post
                  Hello at all systemd "pragmatics", err, I mean paid RedHat/NSA trolls. Psyops for Nerds. ^^
                  the irony here is the NSA probably hate systemd too because is way harder to penetrate than any SysV like init system, since those always lacked proper security design since their conception where systemd was designed around kernel security infrastructure since its conception(things like seccomp, audit, selinux, cgroups, xacls, etc.) and once KDBUS get merged(and few releases later ofc) probably udev uses will be massively reduced and probably will get one hell of a cleanup later on, improving security even more

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                    the irony here is the NSA probably hate systemd too because is way harder to penetrate than any SysV like init system, since those always lacked proper security design since their conception where systemd was designed around kernel security infrastructure since its conception(things like seccomp, audit, selinux, cgroups, xacls, etc.) and once KDBUS get merged(and few releases later ofc) probably udev uses will be massively reduced and probably will get one hell of a cleanup later on, improving security even more
                    I want your shrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                      I want your shrooms.
                      ??????

Comment

Working...
                      X