OpenBSD Foundation At Risk Of Shutting Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sergio
    Proven? Are you stupid? You've proved NOTHING. Stop your pointless, stupid and shortsighed rethoric already! Theo has done for free software more than you will do in your entire life (if you do something at all). Like I said, leave the real work to those with the knowledge, talent and leadership to show the path, like Theo.
    Once again this BSD loser (Sergio) proves how stupid he is. Palwerson has already said that why TdR's a hippocrite.

TdR accuses Linux distros of using binary blobs while he himself uses to proprietary friendly BSDL and also proprietary blobs in OpenBSD.

TdR is a Loser,
    Last edited by endman; 23 January 2014, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
      Maybe everybody do not see this as a 'competition', maybe not everybody care... The BSD license precisely LACKS any stupid political-related issue: More coding, less politics. If it is GNU's mission to destroy proprietary, well good; that does not imply in any way that other ways of thinking about and promoting FREE software do not exist. You are nobody to force people to share your view of freedom; I consider BSD licensing as free. So, if you care so much about politics, go on with your endless attempt to show people how good GPL is and how bad BSD is. Other people (the ones actually leading the way) prefer to focus on actually DOING something.
      Politics isn't stupid. It's one of the most important things. People who ignore politics were called idiots by ancient Greeks. I was talking about products, Sergio. Even if BSD license brings noble ideas it looses in confrontation with brutal world where proprietary software exists. This license has its purpose of course, but BSD licensed products are more likely to loose. It's my main point here.

Comment

• Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
        Thank you for being the perfect example to prove my point.
        Thanks, but it's just your imagination. I don't operate on emotions here and most things I've said about BSD license are facts.
        Last edited by Guest; 23 January 2014, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
          Proven? Are you stupid? You've proved NOTHING. Stop your pointless, stupid and shortsighed rethoric already! Theo has done for free software more than you will do in your entire life (if you do something at all). Like I said, leave the real work to those with the knowledge, talent and leadership to show the path, like Theo.
          I did. It seems you have missed my analogy to stupid country. It states it's anti-terrorist, but gives its weapons to everyone for free. If you don't agree prove otherwise.

Comment

• This triple post was brought to you by:

Phoronix
            "5 minutes to edit your posts."

Comment

• Man, I like these threads, they are quite effective at improving my ignore list

Comment

• Originally posted by erendorn View Post
                Man, I like these threads, they are quite effective at improving my ignore list
                It seems it's yours only argument, because you, Sergio and any other bsd fanboy can't deny facts which have been said about bsd. Summing up the things bellow have been proven so far:

- TdR is a hypocrite,
                - bsd which is an academic style license doesn't fit into modern world, because it doesn't provide any protection against competition,
                - OpenBSD is less secure than Linux and even FreeBSD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                  - bsd which is an academic style license doesn't fit into modern world, because it doesn't provide any protection against competition,
                  That's not what licenses are for.

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                  Prove it or you're wrong.

Comment

It seems it's yours only argument, because you, Sergio and any other bsd fanboy can't deny facts which have been said about bsd. Summing up the things bellow have been proven so far:

- TdR is a hypocrite,
                    - I've proved to you that Theo has done more for the community than you'll ever even dream of doing (by the way, what have you done?)
                    - That should explain why YOU depend on BSD-licensed software to troll over here...
                    - It is fairly obvious by now, but I'll say it: you are LIGHT YEARS away from having the knowledge to at least give an opinion about this.

Comment

Troll or not, funny you should suggest that. Here's something funny:

[03] HAS SDF EVER BEEN COMPROMISED?

The first time was in 1991 when a person from France dialed in
                      to our machine (then running SystemVr3.2 1.0) and was able to get
                      root (administrative) access. He promptly notified us.

During our short lived stint of attempting to run SDF under 'linux' on
                      IBM compatibles the system was compromised a number of times, but the
                      individuals who did it were much more secretive and malicious. For
                      each case users were forced to change their passwords and patched
                      software was installed (though this of course introduced other bugs
                      that could be found later on)

After dumping linux and x86 in favour of return to real computers, we
                      have not had any major security issues. We are however, just as vigilant
                      to be sure that your account here on SDF is safe and that any security
                      issues are resolved quickly before public announcements (cert, et cetera)

Please NOTE, an administrator will NEVER ask you for your password.
                      Anyone impersonating an administrator is BREAKING THE LAW. You can
                      report them to your local authorities if you identify them.
                      SDF actually runs NetBSD and not OpenBSD. But it's still pretty funny considering your suggestion that OpenBSD (or any BSD) be less secure than Linux.

That happened a decade ago. I don't really believe any of these systems are superior in security to any other by any large margin and I think it really depends mostly on the configuration and usage.

Comment

Working...
                      X