Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenBSD Foundation At Risk Of Shutting Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #81
    Please avoid responding to Pawlerson, beetreetime, and anyone associated with aboutthebsds blog. They are known trolls who have been active for years and how they are able to avoid being banned everywhere for their homophobic and idiotic bile is astonishing. He enjoys receiving a shocked response to his lies and you must starve him of this to stop him. It is imperative that you never directly address him either.

    Comment


    • #82
      Good news: http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=139024400731106&w=2

      Comment


      • #83
        Originally posted by Sergio View Post
        Nice! That also gives me a good feeling that I wasn't alone and even many small contributions can lead to a larger goal.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

        Comment


        • #84
          Originally posted by Adarion View Post
          Nice! That also gives me a good feeling that I wasn't alone and even many small contributions can lead to a larger goal.
          Thanks for believing.

          Comment


          • #85
            There was a post on slashdot about a Bitcoin millionaire throwing some cash their way.

            Comment


            • #86
              Originally posted by Pawlerson
              It seems you didn't read:

              http://allthatiswrong.wordpress.com/...ty-of-openbsd/

              I don't have to read anything to prove what is obvious to me. Imagine there's some country that claims it's against terrorist, but it gives weapons to terrorists for free. We have the same situation here. How would you call someone who's doing something like this? I think stupid hypocrite would be best description. It seems TdR is living on another planet.
              From that article, it appears that de Raadt is not just a hypocrite when it comes to freedom but also clean systems and security. I fully agree with that.

              OpenBSD zealots claim that they aim for a clean system but you can see Apache, SendMail, nix, and so many old, bloated and unless crap in the base.

              With security, it’s a huge one, first and formost, OpenBSD doesn’t even have MAC. They rely too much on the believe that their code is bug-less form security. Time and time again, it has been proven that bug free code is impossible. Not to mention that they have apache, bind and SendMail in the base. Applications known for horrible vulnerabilities. I known Apache is being replaced by nginx and sendmail by OpenSMTPD but this is 2014 ang Nginx has been around a long time while OpenSTMP is unproven crap that’s not production ready.

              OpenBSD’s motto of heavy auditing and full disclosure is also hypocritic, they are nothing about heavy auditing and full disclosure but rather abit of audting and coverups. The same can be said for M$ but the difference is that M$ would nowadays secretly patch the vulnerability while OpenBSD does nothing.

              Originally posted by Sergio
              I’m really sad that there are people stupid enough fall for OpenBSD trap. The people that donated should really be made to learn what the OpenBSD project really is and how much of a wast is their donation.

              I should point out that the majority of funds that are received by FreeBSD and OpenBSD are used to buy alcohol for BSD conferences and hackathons (which are themselves nothing but drunked parties and people talking crap). Nothing to do with system development.

              Comment


              • #87
                Originally posted by Adarion
                Nice! That also gives me a good feeling that I wasn't alone and even many small contributions can lead to a larger goal.
                You should be a shame of what you have just done. Your money will not be used to produce more secure or better software but to satisfy alcoholic habits and creation of code producted by drunk coders.

                You are also fueling proprietary software.

                Comment


                • #88
                  Originally posted by beetreetime View Post
                  From that article, it appears that de Raadt is not just a hypocrite when it comes to freedom but also clean systems and security. I fully agree with that.

                  OpenBSD zealots claim that they aim for a clean system but you can see Apache, SendMail, nix, and so many old, bloated and unless crap in the base.

                  With security, it’s a huge one, first and formost, OpenBSD doesn’t even have MAC. They rely too much on the believe that their code is bug-less form security. Time and time again, it has been proven that bug free code is impossible. Not to mention that they have apache, bind and SendMail in the base. Applications known for horrible vulnerabilities. I known Apache is being replaced by nginx and sendmail by OpenSMTPD but this is 2014 ang Nginx has been around a long time while OpenSTMP is unproven crap that’s not production ready.

                  OpenBSD’s motto of heavy auditing and full disclosure is also hypocritic, they are nothing about heavy auditing and full disclosure but rather abit of audting and coverups. The same can be said for M$ but the difference is that M$ would nowadays secretly patch the vulnerability while OpenBSD does nothing.



                  I’m really sad that there are people stupid enough fall for OpenBSD trap. The people that donated should really be made to learn what the OpenBSD project really is and how much of a wast is their donation.

                  I should point out that the majority of funds that are received by FreeBSD and OpenBSD are used to buy alcohol for BSD conferences and hackathons (which are themselves nothing but drunked parties and people talking crap). Nothing to do with system development.
                  You keep talking shit, doing nothing in your life to contribute to the community, and leave the work to people that really care about it, and have the knowledge and leadership to lead the path, like Theo.

                  Get a life, loser.

                  Comment


                  • #89
                    It seems like a lot of people who dislike BSD in general have some warped view of BSD licenses in general.

                    Comment


                    • #90
                      Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                      It seems like a lot of people who dislike BSD in general have some warped view of BSD licenses in general.
                      Let me fix that for you.
                      It seems like a lot of people who dislike BSD in general have some warped view of software licenses in general.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X