No announcement yet.

OpenBSD Foundation At Risk Of Shutting Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"More secure than even Linux" is a 90s term you should not use anymore.

Comment

Meanwhile, at the NSA HQ, evil laughter was heard. Someone with a cat in their lap whispered "Finally".

Comment

To bad, i never usted it but i have readed about that system.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
          Where are their proprietary "friends" now?
          I'm sure the electric company will let them "permissively" use their electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Meanwhile, at the NSA HQ, evil laughter was heard. Someone with a cat in their lap whispered "Finally".
            That was pretty hilarious, especially since I had the Deus Ex main theme playing in the background. Bob Page?

Comment

This is the why your don't use source-based package manager, if you build binaries without purpose.
              First good step would be to replace a "*" in target architecture with something that makes sense. And about time they discover what ROI means.

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
              I impatiently await the first "lol OpenB$D is dead! use Lin$ux!" postings.

Interestingly, most Open Source foundations (except those backed by large companies) suffer from the same problems.
              You understand that you trolled-away all by yourself? Like, you invent anti-bsd troll just for the sake of need and expectancy. Dr. Jekyll, Mr Hide and all the associated schizophrenia.

Comment

Anti-BSD trolls are common here, so there's not much to invent. I just wanted to deny them before they appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
                  Anti-BSD trolls are common here, so there's not much to invent. I just wanted to deny them before they appear.
                  ironically you made the first troll post in this thread.

Comment

small donation

Well I made a small donation using Paypal even though I'm not an OpenBSD user. I did install it once just for the heck of it and when I couldn't even get LibreOffice I gave up on it. Still even though I'm just a Linux user today and I don't agree with the BSD license I do want OpenBSD to live.
                    If they can get enough people to make some small donations they should be good and it would be a solution if they can't find a sponsor.
                    By the way I work for a small distro ( Frugalware ) that probably live on less than $50 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by a user View Post
                      ironically you made the first troll post in this thread.
                      Ironically you fail to read quotation marks.

Originally posted by mcirsta View Post
                      Still even though I'm just a Linux user today and I don't agree with the BSD license I do want OpenBSD to live.
                      That's the spirit!

Comment

Working...
                      X