Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
    That's not what licenses are for.
    What a brilliant thought! So tell me, what licenses are for and what's there to provide such protection?

Prove it or you're wrong.
    It seems you have missed article I gave a link to.

Comment

• It is amusing how Pawlerson (+his other accounts) manages to troll every BSD thread on phoronix and people are still falling for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
        - I've proved to you that Theo has done more for the community than you'll ever even dream of doing (by the way, what have you done?)
        - That should explain why YOU depend on BSD-licensed software to troll over here...
        - It is fairly obvious by now, but I'll say it: you are LIGHT YEARS away from having the knowledge to at least give an opinion about this.
        1. No, you didn't. I don't care what he did, but compared to Linus or Stallman he did nothing. I just proved he's a hippo and you can't deny this. I would respect him if he wasn't talking so much bulltshit and if he wasn't using proprietary friendly license.
        2. I depend mostly on GPL software.
        3. Read an article and prove it's wrong. It's not surprising OpenBSD is rarely used on servers. If it was secure it would be used more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by nslay View Post
          Troll or not, funny you should suggest that. Here's something funny:

SDF actually runs NetBSD and not OpenBSD. But it's still pretty funny considering your suggestion that OpenBSD (or any BSD) be less secure than Linux.

That happened a decade ago. I don't really believe any of these systems are superior in security to any other by any large margin and I think it really depends mostly on the configuration and usage.
          Too bad they're cannot prove what they have written. It looks like bsd fanboys bullshit. Nothing more. It's funny to consider OpenBSD to be more secure. As far as I know it doesn't even provide MAC and FreeBSD doesn't have ASLR. It's just laughable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
            Too bad they're cannot prove what they have written. It looks like bsd fanboys bullshit. Nothing more. It's funny to consider OpenBSD to be more secure. As far as I know it doesn't even provide MAC and FreeBSD doesn't have ASLR. It's just laughable.
            Haha.

Comment

1. No, you didn't. I don't care what he did, but compared to Linus or Stallman he did nothing. I just proved he's a hippo and you can't deny this. I would respect him if he wasn't talking so much bulltshit and if he wasn't using proprietary friendly license.
              2. I depend mostly on GPL software.
              3. Read an article and prove it's wrong. It's not surprising OpenBSD is rarely used on servers. If it was secure it would be used more often.
              1. What about compared to YOU? (I'm still waiting to read about your contributions).
              Exactly HOW did you prove he is a hippo?
              2. So you do use "proprietary-friendly" licensed software... HYPOCRITE
              3. Here, take a look at some of the technics pioneered by OpenBSD: http://tech.yandex.com/events/ruBSD/2013/talks/103/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                1. What about compared to YOU? (I'm still waiting to read about your contributions).
                Exactly HOW did you prove he is a hippo?
                2. So you do use "proprietary-friendly" licensed software... HYPOCRITE
                3. Here, take a look at some of the technics pioneered by OpenBSD: http://tech.yandex.com/events/ruBSD/2013/talks/103/
                1. I'm not a hippo and I'm not so important to talk about me. I've explained it to you already: he's saying terrorism is bad, but he's giving weapons to everyone for free same time. My contribution is to fight against bsd trolls at Phoronix forums. Is this enough?
                2. I don't know, maybe? I didn't check my distribution, but how does it make me a hypocrite? I don't support proprietary friendly software.
                3. It's hard to say which technics were pioneered by OpenBSD (ASLR was introduced by PaX for Linux), but it's nice interview.

Comment

It seems you have missed article I gave a link to.
                  This is the main reason why OpenBSD is unable to offer a secure environment in the event an attacker is successful. Instead of implementing a form of extended access controls and ensuring the system is secure even in the event of a successful attack, they prefer to remove as many vulnerabilities as possible. This approach is na?ve at best and arrogant at worst.
                  You probably giggled and thought to post it on phoronix, totally missing this part.
                  I am aware that many people use OpenBSD for nothing more than a router, and for this it indeed ideal. For the use of a router, extended access controls would not provide much benefit. I wrote this argument however because many people seem convinced that OpenBSD has suerior security in all instances and including as a network server or user operating system. I became tired of reading these comments and people simply dismissing extended access controls as too complex and not providing any real security.
                  Good job making yourself look like a butthead.

Comment

1. I'm not a hippo and I'm not so important to talk about me. I've explained it to you already: he's saying terrorism is bad, but he's giving weapons to everyone for free same time. My contribution is to fight against bsd trolls at Phoronix forums. Is this enough?
                    2. I don't know, maybe? I didn't check my distribution, but how does it make me a hypocrite? I don't support proprietary friendly software.
                    3. It's hard to say which technics were pioneered by OpenBSD (ASLR was introduced by PaX for Linux), but it's nice interview.
                    1. You are a hypocrite: you waste your existence trying to convince people just how bad (unethical? Immoral?) BSD-like licensing is, but you not only use, but DEPEND on this type of software. HYPOCRITE.
                    If that is your contribution, then STFU and actually do something useful, if you really care that much.
                    2. So suddenly you forget what license is Xorg (or maybe Wayland?) is distributed under? How convenient!
                    Furthermore, making permissive-licensed software is a 'crime', but USING it is not? How convenient!
                    HYPOCRITE.
                    3. You must watch the talk he gave, not the interview (how about W^X?).

Comment

• Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                      You probably giggled and thought to post it on phoronix, totally missing this part.
                      I didn't miss it. He wasn't able to prove anything and it's just his opinion. I don't care about him.

Good job making yourself look like a butthead.
                      Is this commenter some kind of god I have to agree with? Stop kidding.

Comment

Working...
                      X