Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
    Loser...
    Why? I'm using the best OS on this planet not some old, shitty, legacy crap that tries to steal a true nature of Open Source and give it to proprietary leeches.

Comment

Originally posted by CthuIhux View Post
      The person dump enough to use BSD (in this case Sergio uses OpenBSD and FreeBSD) is the loser. Same for those who support and develop it.
      Translated into English:
      Code:
      I can't read a manual to figure out how to use a real operating system.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
        I do count the AMD blob as firmware, as does Trisquel and every other FOSS Linux distribution, so you lie, you do run proprietary software, you hack
        Why don't you just start writing proprietary software, you're already half way there if you're using it.
        Do you count your CPUs microcode as a binary blob as well? Because you really should. Your BIOS comes to mind as well; as do the various programmable logic chips on your motherboard. You can't escape proprietary software easily, no matter how much you wish you could.

Comment

Originally posted by JX8p View Post
          Do you count your CPUs microcode as a binary blob as well? Because you really should. Your BIOS comes to mind as well; as do the various programmable logic chips on your motherboard. You can't escape proprietary software easily, no matter how much you wish you could.
          Because microcode is just a way to implement some ISA, which could just as well be implemented directly in hardware, do you consider hardware itself to be a 'binary blob'?

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
            Translated into English:
            Code:
            I can't read a manual to figure out how to use a real operating system.
            It's a toy not real OS. Why to figure out how to use toys while there's Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
              It's a toy not real OS. Why to figure out how to use toys while there's Linux?
              You haven't updated your BSD blog (http://aboutthebsds.wordpress.com). I though you'd have some enlightening and revealing information to share before new year for all your fans...

Comment

Originally posted by JX8p View Post
                You can't swap out and replace code in the CPU and logic chips, even RMS acknowledges this, but you can replace the proprietary firmware that's used for radeon video, and anyone who doesn't yet goes on about how they need pure FOSS code is a shill.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                  You haven't updated your BSD blog (http://aboutthebsds.wordpress.com). I though you'd have some enlightening and revealing information to share before new year for all your fans...
                  Thanks! Now it's my favorite blog, Sergio! Good to know there are more smart people.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                    Thanks! Now it's my favorite blog, Sergio! Good to know there are more smart people.
                    Please, Pawlerson (kraftman, BSDSucksDicks, etc), do post some new stuff; I can't wait for your word of wisdom. You must know that people out there are just waiting to know the truth about the BSD's; please don't deny us your revelational posts...

Comment

Working...
                    X