Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD 10.0 Is Still Running Behind Schedule

Phoronix: FreeBSD 10.0 Is Still Running Behind Schedule

There were plans originally to ship FreeBSD 10.0 as stable in November, but that isn't going to happen. It's not even clear if FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE will be ready to ship before the end of the calendar year, but at least progress is being made and when the release does happen there's a great number of new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    Hopefully it will run behind schedule forever and never be released. And all those devs moved to work on Ubuntu. Finally they will be doing something useful. I can dream.....
    FreeBSD is very useful. Of course, the utility of something is not something I factor in when working on something -- I by far prefer to have fun

Indeed, you can but dream...

Comment

Originally posted by JX8p View Post
      FreeBSD is very useful. Of course, the utility of something is not something I factor in when working on something -- I by far prefer to have fun

You must be new here...

Comment

Originally posted by JX8p View Post

Nah, it's useless except a few cases where Linux hasn't caught up on the server side.
        Those devs are wasting their time just like those working on ReactOS, OS/2, IRIX, Hurd, any BSD, Solaris, Itanium chip, WhatevixOnAToaster.
        And let them waste their time coding on useless projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
          You must be new here...
          haha, baddum-tiss

Comment

(f)lame fest

i often read the comments in the phoronix forum because there are often insightful/useful ones. There are also of course some clueless ones and some silly ones.

Sometimes only silly ones. Why do you guys bother?

Comment

Hopefully it will run behind schedule forever and never be released. And all those devs moved to work on Ubuntu. Finally they will be doing something useful. I can dream.....
              This is a stupid comment, even when judged by your (unbelievably low) standards.

- Gilboa
              oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
              oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
              oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
              Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Move on from Phoronix and start to work on Ubuntu. Finally you would do something useful.

Comment

If it's adoption you're talking about, I think you got that backwards. FreeBSD itself might not be all that huge, but when you take into consideration FreeBSD-derived OS's like the PS3's and PS4's, FreeBSD adoption most likely leaves Ubuntu in the dust.

Comment

Working...
                  X