Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    Fanboy Fanboy Fanboy
    Thank you for your enlightening contribution to the conversion. We are all now wiser because of you.

Comment

Originally posted by talvik View Post
      Thanks. Yes, I meant a layer of shit, crap, poo, fecal matter, stool or feces.

I'm not lying. Here is Qt SDK avaiable for Linux, Mac, Win http://qt-project.org/downloads.
      And when they bundled Qt SDK with their shit, it's Ubuntu only. Here is a slogan:
      "Qt with Shit?, only on Ubuntu."
      "Qt with Shit?, only on Ubuntu."

i need to start using this

Comment

It's only a recent undertaking, it's not that much time.
        I'm a Ubuntu user. Dealing with all the crap in the last couple of years has taken a lot more of my free and work time. And shit is about to get much much worse.
        Don't bother. The simplistic monkeys want to see everything in black-and-white, "us vs. them" terms. To the true ubuntu fanboys, it's not about technical merits, or what is good for Linux in general or even Ubuntu in particular. It's about sticking to your in-group and defending it from all perceived affronts, denying all flaws, rejecting all criticism - even if you have to twist your brain in knots trying to rationalize them away.

The true fanboys will never admit that you're a Ubuntu user. You can send them pictures of yourself using Ubuntu and they'll call them fake. Show whatever proof you want, they won't accept it. Because to them, it's not just about using an operating system - it's about belonging in a Group, and defending the Group from the evil non-believers, those outside the Group.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
          Don't bother. The simplistic monkeys want to see everything in black-and-white, "us vs. them" terms. To the true ubuntu fanboys, it's not about technical merits, or what is good for Linux in general or even Ubuntu in particular. It's about sticking to your in-group and defending it from all perceived affronts, denying all flaws, rejecting all criticism - even if you have to twist your brain in knots trying to rationalize them away.

The true fanboys will never admit that you're a Ubuntu user. You can send them pictures of yourself using Ubuntu and they'll call them fake. Show whatever proof you want, they won't accept it. Because to them, it's not just about using an operating system - it's about belonging in a Group, and defending the Group from the evil non-believers, those outside the Group.
          +1 ten chars

Comment

Comment

Thanks. Yes, I meant a layer of shit, crap, poo, fecal matter, stool or feces.

I'm not lying. Here is Qt SDK avaiable for Linux, Mac, Win http://qt-project.org/downloads.
              And when they bundled Qt SDK with their shit, it's Ubuntu only. Here is a slogan:
              "Qt with Shit™, only on Ubuntu."
              You are being an idiot.

And so are you. He's the one making obvious troll/flamebait comments and you are defending him and calling everyone else 'fanboys'? Calling it 'qt with shit' is just trolling. Its an ubuntu SDK, intended for people who want to make ubuntu apps. If you don't like it fine, you don't need to use it.

I use arch linux btw
              Last edited by bwat47; 29 August 2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frign View Post
                His words may be harsh, but he's right: When Canonical develops software, it usually doesn't work well on other distributions.
                Unity for instance required months of porting work by an _independent_ community to run it on other distributions. Even today, Unity is still not well-functioning and has some serious issues.

Another example are Ubuntu-.deps: They used to work under Debian, too, but over the years, Ubuntu's .dep-packages became distribution-dependent.

I don't expect the Ubuntu SDK to be an exception from the rule, except, when a bunch of people volunteer to "port" it to other distributions.

Generally spoken, it is expected that a company only cares about its own distribution to minimise costs. But it isn't good for the GNU/Linux-community in general, because it has to iron out the proprietary programming-paradigms to use the company's software.
                Why do they have to spend extra effort and time to make sure unity or other products canonical created works well for all other distros out there.Why do they have to care about that? Is that a major philosophy of open-source or you're talking these ideas out of your arse? If the product they created is open source and works well for me, whats the problem? The problem is ubuntu is popular now and some cave nerds is angry cuz they stole the thing makes this creatures feel different than average joe .I dont think any current distro other than ubuntu has any potential to raise linux usage perc over %5. We have seen how traditional approach worked out so far,every year was the year of linux that never came. Linux cannot reach the end-user w/ that aproach event after another 1000 years. May be they are good at writing code & stuff like that but they have no idea about what an average user wants or marketing or creating hype.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                  You are being an idiot.

And so are you. He's the one making obvious troll/flamebait comments and you are defending him and calling everyone else 'fanboys'? Calling it 'qt with shit' is just trolling. Its an ubuntu SDK, intended for people who want to make ubuntu apps. If you don't like it fine, you don't need to use it.

I use arch linux btw
                  Excuse me? I "defend" who the fuck I please, what business is it of yours? I don't subscribe to mob rule, and I never will. If I think someone is right about something, I'll be there to agree with that someone, no matter how unpopular they are, or how wrong their other opinions are.

However, you might want to take note of the fact that I haven't been defending anyone here. I'm just pointing out the fact that the Ubuntu fanboys on this forum (suit yourself if you want to be counted among them, or not) will never accept anyone who criticizes Ubuntu as a Ubuntu user. To the worldview of the simplistic, anyone who criticizes Ubuntu has to be doing it because they're jealous and/or hateful, not because they might themselves be a Ubuntu user concerned about the direction of Ubuntu.

It's all because of cognitive dissonance. They've based so much of their identity on the Ubuntu brand, they have become so emotionally invested with it, that they can't admit even to themselves if there's something wrong. Thus, when they see criticism on Ubuntu, it's easier to just dismiss it with "oh, those people just say that because they hate Ubuntu", than actually consider the alternative - that the people criticizing it might have valid points.

Comment

Excuse me? I "defend" who the fuck I please, what business is it of yours? I don't subscribe to mob rule, and I never will. If I think someone is right about something, I'll be there to agree with that someone, no matter how unpopular they are, or how wrong their other opinions are.

However, you might want to take note of the fact that I haven't been defending anyone here. I'm just pointing out the fact that the Ubuntu fanboys on this forum (suit yourself if you want to be counted among them, or not) will never accept anyone who criticizes Ubuntu as a Ubuntu user. To the worldview of the simplistic, anyone who criticizes Ubuntu has to be doing it because they're jealous and/or hateful, not because they might themselves be a Ubuntu user concerned about the direction of Ubuntu.

It's all because of cognitive dissonance. They've based so much of their identity on the Ubuntu brand, they have become so emotionally invested with it, that they can't admit even to themselves if there's something wrong. Thus, when they see criticism on Ubuntu, it's easier to just dismiss it with "oh, those people just say that because they hate Ubuntu", than actually consider the alternative - that the people criticizing it might have valid points.
                    Damn it dee dont you know when talking about Ubuntu and Qt at the same time you have to say "Qt with Shit?, only on Ubuntu."

Comment

Working...
                    X