Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JabirOS: A Former Ubuntu OS Turned FreeBSD

Phoronix: JabirOS: A Former Ubuntu OS Turned FreeBSD

A developer behind JabirOS has written into Phoronix to announce their new FreeBSD-derived project. Formerly JabirOS was based upon Ubuntu...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Amazing.. It seems Larabel is trolling as usual.

Comment

freeBSD-based and user-friendly hmmm..
      maybe it's user-fiendly for BSD integrist geeks

Comment

So Did JabirOS Jump the gun on Ubuntu and start using BSD a head of time?

Comment

Originally posted by benalib View Post
          freeBSD-based and user-friendly hmmm..
          maybe it's user-fiendly for BSD integrist geeks
          FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and DragonflyBSD are all about as friendly as Arch. NetBSD is the only one that doesn't have a pre-built binary method of installing, and is therefore more in-between Arch and Gentoo (to my current knowledge)

Comment

Originally posted by TestingTe View Post
            FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and DragonflyBSD are all about as friendly as Arch. NetBSD is the only one that doesn't have a pre-built binary method of installing, and is therefore more in-between Arch and Gentoo (to my current knowledge)
            hehe and now Arch is a beginner oriented OS ...

Comment

Lol, another OS I've never heard of, that I will never think about again.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                Lol, another OS I've never heard of, that I will never think about again.
                No kidding!

I bet all 5 of JabirOS users were happy that JabriOS moved away from the "evil" Canonical. How dare Canonical try to make a better display server and desktop environment!

Comment

Hi guys.

JabirOS has more than 100 users in Iran (our country) and I've started this project from 2012.

How to install JabirOS? http://forums.jabirproject.org/viewtopic.php?id=54

Comment

Originally posted by bapfreak View Post
                    No kidding!

I bet all 5 of JabirOS users were happy that JabriOS moved away from the "evil" Canonical. How dare Canonical try to make a better display server and desktop environment!
                    JabirOS has more than 100 users, only in Iran.

How to install : http://forums.jabirproject.org/viewtopic.php?id=54

Comment

Working...
                    X