BTW: since when is Ubuntu an OS?

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer
      Ubuntu For Android is going to be BSD too

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...for-commercial
      Lol, No!
      Ubuntu is a Linux distro.

Comment

Nice move. I find that FreeBSD is a pretty useful system. I like the clear distinction between base system and add-on software. The system is consistent and the documentation is top-notch. ZFS is so useful I can't imagine going back to a regular file system. You get the benefits of cheap snapshots, cloning, fast incremental backups, lz4 compression, boot environments. It works wonderfully with jails. Sound just works including mixing and per-application volume settings. No need for an additional 'sound server' that just gives you more latency. And the ports system gives you the ability to easily configure your software exactly like you want.

It's perfect for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
          Lol, No!
          Ubuntu is a Linux distro.
          why not GNU distro? or GNU/Linux or GNU/Linux/Xorg/Mesa/Python/Qt/libreoffice whatelse you want
          that's bullshit
          Ubuntu is an OS or linux-based OS
          i bet they will remove all GNU tools (gcc glibc etc..) replace them by cmake llvm boost etc it's not GNU/Linux anymore

Comment

Originally posted by benalib View Post
            why not GNU distro? or GNU/Linux or GNU/Linux/Xorg/Mesa/Python/Qt/libreoffice whatelse you want
            that's bullshit
            Ubuntu is an OS or linux-based OS
            i bet they will remove all GNU tools (gcc glibc etc..) replace them by cmake llvm boost etc it's not GNU/Linux anymore
            Well Ubuntu is a GNU/Linux distro, however the thing that were discussed in this thread were the kernel
            if you didn't notice. Linux is the kernel.
            It like coming to a discussion of what you prefer the most, apples or pears and than jump in an state
            "I prefer Lamborghini".

Also why would they remove the GNU tools? That's just silly.

Comment

well just like Apple: Think Different! We are unique!
              Andoird uses Linux kernel as well they are not called themselves Linux distro
              it's linux-based OS just like Ubuntu
              Last edited by benalib; 17 August 2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by benalib View Post
                well just like Apple: Think Different! We are unique!
                Andoird uses Linux kernel as well they are not called themselves Linux distro
                it's linux-based OS just like Ubuntu
                Well, Android have replaced basically the whole echo system above the kernel
                and OSX is well, it even have it's own kernel (which is a BSD kernel yes, but the
                BSD kernel comes in multiple versions).

Ubuntu have only replaced parts of the user space. The idea is still the same.

Comment

Why would they attempt to write their own display server? That's just silly.

Comment

Ubuntu BSD

It's time for ubuntu to switch to FreeBSD kernel ...it will serve much better the dirty plans of Canonical ...

Comment

Originally posted by _r00t- View Post
                      It's time for ubuntu to switch to FreeBSD kernel ...it will serve much better the dirty plans of Canonical ...
                      No you should take a bath.

Comment

Working...
                      X