Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD Made Much Progress These Past Few Months

Phoronix: FreeBSD Made Much Progress These Past Few Months

The FreeBSD Foundation has published their latest quarterly status report to make known the current state of the popular BSD operating system project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You should make news article about FreeBSD adapting Mir and systemd. Epic Flame Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
      You should make news article about FreeBSD adapting Mir and systemd. Epic Flame Thread.
      You are talking nonsense.

BSD devs hate GPLv3 and they have started anti-GPL campaign and goal of that campaign is to purge GPL licensed code from BSD AFAIK only DragonlyBSD doesn't engage in this holy war

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
        FreeBSD is an insult but the best thing they can do is remove anything GPL so they can be incorporated in other big proprietary OSes. That is the only way for them to increase market share. Basically beg Apple. The only thing is that they are successful and OS X is more successful than anything Linux.
        That's an only chance to them, but they're not successful with such a license. If we count embedded systems Linux wipes out os x.

Comment

And this is relevant to the topic in which way again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
            You are talking nonsense.
            I think that was his point.

Post nonsense about both *BSD AND Mir = mother of all flame threads

Comment

in this holy war
              Meanwhile, you turn a blind eye to Google's no gnu gpl in userspace policy. Maybe the problem isn't your silly religion based on copyright licenses but companies not wanting to get sued for using "free" software?

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                Meanwhile, you turn a blind eye to Google's no gnu gpl in userspace policy. Maybe the problem isn't your silly religion based on copyright licenses but companies not wanting to get sued for using "free" software?
                Companies that produce non-free software shouldn't be allowed to use free software in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                  You just pulled this out your ass. From whole portfolio of Google products i'm only using Gmail and right now im phasing it out.
                  Honestly i don't care about your stupid anti-GPL crusade. I'm just calling out BSD devs on this silly licensing warfare

Comment

You just pulled this out your ass.
                    I pulled a fact out of my ass?

Comment

Working...
                    X