X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• archibald
    replied
    Originally posted by YoungManKlaus View Post
    Because talking to people to get your features included in mainline to make _one_ good system is way too much effort.
    The main FreeBSD team is working on a new package management system (pkgng), so they would be very unlikely to want this new packaging system. This is the major difference between PC-BSD and FreeBSD as well - PC-BSD has the PBI system as well as ports.

Leave a comment:

• YoungManKlaus
    replied
    Lets fork everything!

Because talking to people to get your features included in mainline to make _one_ good system is way too much effort.

Leave a comment:

• Cthulhux
    replied
    After all, ?toil? is a pretty good approach to a modern desktop, even 20 years after the design was widely spread.

I still wonder why it hasn't gained a wider audience yet.
    (Also I thought MidnightBSD was dead. I was wrong, obviously.)

Leave a comment:

• n3wu53r
    replied
    What I find more interesting is their use of GNUStep and ?toil?.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic MidnightBSD 0.4 Betters The FreeBSD Desktop

MidnightBSD 0.4 Betters The FreeBSD Desktop

Phoronix: MidnightBSD 0.4 Betters The FreeBSD Desktop

MidnightBSD 0.4 has been released as an operating system derived from FreeBSD 9.1, but with many extra features, including a new package management tool...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X