MidnightBSD 0.4 Betters The FreeBSD Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
    So your OS does not use BSD code? Which is it?
    Any non-BSD OS.

Aww.. I have a dirty feeling of getting a free legal microsoft copy, but now - its license-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
      Any non-BSD OS.
      Wrong. Nice try.

Comment

Any non-BSD OS.

Aww.. I have a dirty feeling of getting a free legal microsoft copy, but now - its license-wise.
        Yeeeah...how about no. EVERY OS on the planet has some BSD code in it... get over yourself
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Wrong. Nice try.
          Right. My OS is not released with BSD license. Get a clue.

Comment

Your OS uses BSD code, unless you use Windows.

Comment

Your OS uses BSD code, unless you use Windows.
              Hah! Windows uses BSD code and my OS doesn't - it's not licensed under BSD so where is it? Fix your license, then come back trolling. But most likely you won't - and nobody cares. A parts bin license is also needed, but only for interoperability - otherwise, we will have proprietary mushroom and no opensource competitor will make it, just because proprietaries will re-use BSD and a little extra to the "top" - exactly why everyone uses MacOSX instead of BSD. Still clueless?

Comment

Not sure about Windows (MS has probably completely rewritten the TCP/IP stack by now) but AFAIK pretty much every other OS out there has some BSD-licensed code in it. Even if most of the OS code has a different license (eg Linux kernel and GPL) the BSD or X11 bits retain their original license...

... or maybe when you say "parts-bin license" that's code for BSD ?
                Test signature

Comment

That brosis guy seems not to understand the meaning of either "code" or "license"...

Comment

Hah! Windows uses BSD code and my OS doesn't - it's not licensed under BSD so where is it? Fix your license, then come back trolling. But most likely you won't - and nobody cares. A parts bin license is also needed, but only for interoperability - otherwise, we will have proprietary mushroom and no opensource competitor will make it, just because proprietaries will re-use BSD and a little extra to the "top" - exactly why everyone uses MacOSX instead of BSD. Still clueless?
                    Name your OS then. Because EVERY OS on the PLANET uses SOME portion of BSD code. Even the linux kernel has BSD code, every GPL project has SOME BSD code. So unless you're about to tell me that you went through, made your own operating system, used ALL GPL projects, checked the source OF those projects and if you found one file that was tagged as BSD-licensed you rewrote that file yourself, and did that for ALL components of your chosen operating system.

So yeah, name your OS Brosis. Because you had to have written most of it by yourself.
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Maybe Plan 9 ?
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X