AMD Kernel Mode-Setting Progresses For FreeBSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
    The fact that the above 7 posts did not mention the above, is to me, almost undeniable proof that no one read the article and went straight to the forums to vent his 'opinion'.

Take that, you trolls...
    The volume of information available in the modern era compared to what we had to work with previously means it's time to adjust some expectations and understandings of norms. People skim heavily. That's the only way to get through everything. And they benefit from it more than if they spent the time to hang on every word of everything they tried to read.

And when you're skimming, you naturally substitute words without even being aware of it. It's possible to read the article, understand what it was about, and never notice one or two words being off.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post
      And when you're skimming, you naturally substitute words without even being aware of it. It's possible to read the article, understand what it was about, and never notice one or two words being off.
      Unfortunately, those substitutions can be legitimate words for others--just plain wrong, what you want to read, or what you think it meant to say (when it really meant something entirely different). It can be especially bad if you're somewhat dyslexic and don't know it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
        I think Micheal just posts BSD articles mostly to sit back and laugh at the BSD troll(s) flood the thread, lol.
        They're no more than 5 trolls ... but they're very noisy

Comment

The volume of information available in the modern era compared to what we had to work with previously means it's time to adjust some expectations and understandings of norms. People skim heavily. That's the only way to get through everything. And they benefit from it more than if they spent the time to hang on every word of everything they tried to read.
          I disagree. People are not capable (anymore) of processing information because of the piecemeal fashion of internet news. This is a disturbing development.

Yes, it was a little joke (no big deal). I hope I did not offend anyone.

Comment

Working...
          X