X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TestingTe
    replied
    Originally posted by brosis View Post
    You are using Linux stack. Without it, your BSD can not drive a monitor. So shut up and pay some respect.

Didn't realize I was being disrespectful? Especially in stating I use both Linux and FreeBSD...

Leave a comment:

• Cthulhux
    replied
    Originally posted by CthuIhux View Post
    FreeBSD has only one distro of itself, pathetic BSD loser.
    Learn the basics, kid.

Leave a comment:

• intellivision
    replied
    Originally posted by brosis View Post
    You are using Linux stack. Without it, your BSD can not drive a monitor. So shut up and pay some respect.
    Pay some respect? You make it sound like some old person, or a religion.
    Seriously, why are you getting so polarised over software?

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    Originally posted by TestingTe View Post
    That said: I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300. Performance in FreeBSD is almost as good as it is in GNU/Linux. BUT!! I can still boot into the latest FreeBSD kernel and get full 3d and resolution. If I try in Linux's latest kernel I have to disable KMS to even boot. So I get stuck in VESA

Leave a comment:

• Cthulhux
    replied
    Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
    Debian is merely one of many distros.
    So is FreeBSD.

Leave a comment:

• 0xBADCODE
    replied
    Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
    Actually no. I linked the laughable Debian donors list above.
    Debian is merely one of many distros. But there are many more other distros and many powerful entities working on Linux. RedHat now makes over 1B$ on Linux. Needless to say they employ dozens and dozens of dev's who works on Linux and all kinds of things around. And, say, mentioned Debian surely uses at least some of their code. And even if this does not goes to donors lists directly, it saves them really awesome amounts of work, seriously reducing requirements on manpower to get things running. There is Intel which contributes to Linux in many areas. And even greedy nuts like Oracle are commiting to Linux kernel these days. Just because they need Linux and BTRFS too. So they're going to work on it, even if it helps their competitors. They need Linux and Btrfs to offer this stack as boilerplate for their databases (that's where competitors getting out of luck). So even greediest corporation could in fact join their efforts and do some shared work which is somewhat useful for others and reduces amount of work they need to perform to get same things done.

You see, there are many powerful entities which are no longer "donors". They've become members of process at this point. At the end of day, opensource is about cooperation and collaboration, where joint efforts on large-scale task allow to do such task in reasonable time with adequate quality. And that's where exactly BSD guys fail all the time. Corporations consider them as free lunch and do not really integrate into development process or commiting too much code back. So BSD development is slow. BSD guys always lack manpower to do the things. And best of all they do not really care about any troubles of corporations or other users of their OS outside of core team. All this approach had it's price: now BSDs are getting "not so popular" even on servers. You see, to force yahoo or apache to move servers on Linux, BSDs should really lose in many areas. Because it's pain in the rear to change OS on large deployments, re-educate admins, etc. If someone does this, there should be serious advantage from such move. Failure to understand such a simple thing is really silly to my taste.
    Last edited by 0xBADCODE; 15 March 2013, 01:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vim_User
    replied
    Originally posted by CthuIhux View Post
    Where, BSD cunt?

Care to answer the questions directed at you or are you not just a troll but also a coward?

Leave a comment:

• Cthulhux
    replied
    I think you're well aware this list is laughable if we'll compare it with Linux.
    Actually no. I linked the laughable Debian donors list above.

Leave a comment:

• Vim_User
    replied
    I think market already shown you some. Yet BSD ppl are such a slow and ignorant nuts that they prefer to ignore all feedback and uproar they face. Ironically it turns out to have some consequences and it's not like if BSD guys like them all.
    Possible, but I would like to see the anals troll come up with something for himself. I would like to see why he thinks he is in a position to judge design decisions and that from a technical point of view.

Leave a comment:

• 0xBADCODE
    replied
    Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
    Oh, and this one:Show us your expertise, come up with the design flaws in BSD
    I think market already shown you some. Yet BSD ppl are such a slow and ignorant nuts that they prefer to ignore all feedback and uproar they face. Ironically it turns out to have some consequences and it's not like if BSD guys like them all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X