PC-BSD Rolls Into A Rolling Release Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
    Also, (actually) FreeBSD does not really have much manpower.
    Granted that BSD-based projects are nearly 10 years older than any Linux, they had plenty time to correct this problem. And in fact they had even more chances than Linux. Losing race due to crappy project management and other silly issues is not Linux fault. Yes, I think Linux is much better when it comes to project management. Good project manager is awfully rare person with somewhat unique set of skills. Such people are true legends in software world. Linus Torvalds managed to become one of these legendary guys who can actually guide their projects to success, gather adequate team, avoid pitfalls and so on. Then it has turned into a real powerhouse and corporations started to jump on board as well as it has been obvious these guys could achieve new heights.

And why should we as users care about the market?
    Because... because you would have some troubles manufacturing 6-layered motherboard PCB on your kitchen. And it's not like if you can diffuse GPU IC yourself anyhow easily, isn't it? So you can't completely disregard market situation at this point. This approach has turned against BSD guys. You disregard market. Market disregards FBSD. Crappy hardware support is one of immediate outcomes. Lack of manpower is another one. Corporate guys would not invest men or money if they can't expect return. And granted such a crappy project management they surely can't. Or to be exact, Linux just happens to be a better bet. Welcome to real world.
    Last edited by 0xBADCODE; 13 March 2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
      Corporate guys would not invest men or money if they can't expect return.

Comment

Originally posted by CthuIhux View Post
        BSD has been always about being proprietary company's bitch (a lot similiar to a sex slave but BSD loves self harming and degration and so they enjoy it).
        Hmm. Well, yes. So which Linux distribution lives without "proprietary company's" donations? Even Debian fails.

Comment

The BSD fuckers put google up there to fool people into thinking that even open source companies support them.
          Google *does* use some FreeBSD coding (albeit not much)

You see, right now AMD GPUs support in FBSD appears to be real crap.
          intellivision is right. If you'd been keeping up with Phoronix you'd know that KMS support *is* being worked on for AMD cards.

That said: I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300. Performance in FreeBSD is almost as good as it is in GNU/Linux. BUT!! I can still boot into the latest FreeBSD kernel and get full 3d and resolution. If I try in Linux's latest kernel I have to disable KMS to even boot. So I get stuck in VESA

Comment

Hey, CthuIhux, (the fake one, not the real one), evading the questions and trolling around?
            I know that you are somewhat slower than other people when it comes to comprehension and thinking for yourself, so I will repeat it for you:
            Is there a valid reason you used an already existing username, slightly modified in a way to resemble the look of the username?
            Hey, what is with this one:
            essentially most of the BSDs projects are a nothing more then a very bad stand up comedy. For example, thier BSD license
            I asked you already in one of your prior incarnations, I think you was the guy with the anal fixation back then, to remove all code with permissive licenses from your systems and look how it works out for you. Have you tried this yet?

Oh, and this one:
            extremely bad system design
            Show us your expertise, come up with the design flaws in BSD, show us your analysis of the design, not something you have read somewhere on your antiBSD blogs and are now mindlessly repeating.

Comment

I think you're well aware this list is laughable if we'll compare it with Linux. So BSD fanboys are traditionally crying that corporations don't pay enough attention to them. And as for me, there are too much entities I dislike. Proprietary guys who never guives back. Or, for example, DRM f...ks like Netflix. It's so double-standard to give a project some bucks in one hand and then deny access to their own DRMed video service on other hand by using MS-only techs which BSDs cant handle. So BSDs are placed at disadvantage as desktops. Once more. Thank you Netflix, lol! Just as usually, those proprietary nuts are smiling in your face and give some bucks when backstabbing you. Sure, such impressive exercise in double standards is truly worth of epic tales and songs XD. Giving donation while f...g up as desktop is a really impressive combo!
              Last edited by 0xBADCODE; 13 March 2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                Oh, and this one:Show us your expertise, come up with the design flaws in BSD
                I think market already shown you some. Yet BSD ppl are such a slow and ignorant nuts that they prefer to ignore all feedback and uproar they face. Ironically it turns out to have some consequences and it's not like if BSD guys like them all.

Comment

I think market already shown you some. Yet BSD ppl are such a slow and ignorant nuts that they prefer to ignore all feedback and uproar they face. Ironically it turns out to have some consequences and it's not like if BSD guys like them all.
                  Possible, but I would like to see the anals troll come up with something for himself. I would like to see why he thinks he is in a position to judge design decisions and that from a technical point of view.

Comment

I think you're well aware this list is laughable if we'll compare it with Linux.
                    Actually no. I linked the laughable Debian donors list above.

Comment

Where, BSD cunt?

Care to answer the questions directed at you or are you not just a troll but also a coward?

Comment

Working...
                      X