No announcement yet.

HelenOS Micro-Kernel OS Still Marching On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a valid point. Even Linux isn't fully POSIX compatible, AFAIK. I merely meant enough POSIX to support common free software applications. And you're right about the legacy API... That's why I didn't suggest porting X11 Are there any plans to support GTK+ or Qt applications via a port of Wayland or some other way? Or is the plan to rewrite every application to use a self-created toolkit?

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
      Are there any plans to support GTK+ or Qt applications via a port of Wayland or some other way? Or is the plan to rewrite every application to use a self-created toolkit?
      Our plan is to have a reasonable mix of both. HelenOS-specific applications should preferably use our native toolkit, while we would certainly like to support GTK+ and Qt (and say wxWidgets) in the future. Where exactly should be the compatibility layer implemented is still an open question for us -- the compatibility layer can be the GTK+/Qt/wxWidgets toolkit itself (in the same sense how the toolkits directly support Win32 GDI) or the compatibility layer can indeed be the Wayland API beneath it. I am slightly inclined towards the latter option.

Comment

Working...
      X