X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• systemd rulez
    replied
    Originally posted by Nobu View Post
    Go troll somewhere else please, "systemd rulez". You aren't going to reduce the population of BSDers on this forum any more than you would reduce the mosquito population by saying they're all homo-fags who suck dicks for a living. It just won't happen.
    I don't have to cause BSD fool population is reducing itself thanks to how shit BSD is.

More likely, you'll reduce the general population (i.e., everyone, not just people who like BSD), because nobody likes listening to a baby cry...and since you aren't their baby, there's really no reason to stick around and listen to you cry, feed you, or change your diaper.
    It's more like the BSDtards are cry babies and crying about the fact that all advance features are tailored for Linux and not them so they can't port it to thier pile of useless shit. Seriously they should slit their own wrists cause the world would a better place.

Back on topic,

The bigger problem for Wayland support on BSDs, as I see it, is the lack of drivers (due to their use of KMS) rather than KMS itself.
    Cause No one cares about BSD, FULL STOP.
    Last edited by systemd rulez; 08 February 2013, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• systemd rulez
    replied
    Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
    That's what called EPIC FAIL.
    No, more then that. It's called:
    epic anal fail

Leave a comment:

• systemd rulez
    replied
    Originally posted by P.Jay View Post
    On a side note: I see a bright future for FreeBSD with the upcoming 10 release.
    What BullShit
    No one cares about BSD anymore. The make up only 1% of all open-source operating systems (even though they should not be considered open source) and that number is decreasing.

The FreeBSD foundation exceeded it's funding goal of 500.000k USD by more than 50% (Where was the news about that?! Source: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/)
    And all the funding came from proprietary software companies like apple and microsoft so they can later convert BSD code intro proprietary software and not give any back.

and there are some awesome features coming up (the new package manager looks amazing and imho beats everything to ground Linux has to offer).
    You mean the useless piece of shit called "pkgng" which they tried to copied from linux? That shit doesn't even have repositories and according to disgruntled FreeBSD users, the packages conflicts with the ports tree and in fact many FreeBSD users what to switch back to the old pkg_tools(Source: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=37203). So pkgng? Total shit hole.

I am pretty sure, when time comes, those things will get sorted out.
    The point is they'll get it sorted in 5 years time and by that Linux has moved far ahead.

Don't get me wrong, I also use Linux everyday and like it very much. But I also loved the BSD's and want them to succeed as well!
    Good that you use Linux always put all your support behind it. Putting support behind BSD is like helping the enermy. This is important as BSD's goal is to eliminate linux and help M$ and CrApple so Linux and BSD can't co-exist. One must go and the best option is BSD should go.

Leave a comment:

• Nobu
    replied
    Go troll somewhere else please, "systemd rulez". You aren't going to reduce the population of BSDers on this forum any more than you would reduce the mosquito population by saying they're all homo-fags who suck dicks for a living. It just won't happen.

More likely, you'll reduce the general population (i.e., everyone, not just people who like BSD), because nobody likes listening to a baby cry...and since you aren't their baby, there's really no reason to stick around and listen to you cry, feed you, or change your diaper.

Back on topic,

The bigger problem for Wayland support on BSDs, as I see it, is the lack of drivers (due to their use of KMS) rather than KMS itself.

Leave a comment:

• 0xBADCODE
    replied
    Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
    x/BSD (Mac excluded) finds itself in the same chicken/egg that Linux was in a few years ago.
    Ironically, BSDs are 10 years older than any Linux. That's what called EPIC FAIL.

Leave a comment:

• 0xBADCODE
    replied
    Originally posted by frantaylor View Post
    Funny comment because *BSD is possibly the most popular OS on the planet. The two forks of BSD called "IOS" and "OSX" have a bigger installed base than even Microsoft Windows.
    1) First, these are not really BSD based. They took some parts from BSDs but not more than that. They have their own kernels, etc.
    2) Ironically, there are no sources. These are proprietary systems. So mumblings of BSD guys about "freedom" is crap. In BSD world either you have to use something wrecked beyond repair or pay to proprietary guys to fix this crap.
    Then proprietary guys will "forget" to share source. So no, you can't have mac os x source (there is Darwin bit ir's very incomplete). And of course no iOS source at all.

Here we can see simple thing: BSD only allows to gain something to few powerful corporations. Everyone else getting ... cool chance to work for Apple and somesuch. Without any payments. Really cool understanding of freedom!

Leave a comment:

• Rallos Zek
    replied
    Originally posted by frantaylor View Post
    Funny comment because *BSD is possibly the most popular OS on the planet. The two forks of BSD called "IOS" and "OSX" have a bigger installed base than even Microsoft Windows.
    Android says hello.

Leave a comment:

• frantaylor
    replied
    Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
    FFS here we go again... Lol.

Okay, well, I guess Bridgman had the best comment. *BSD needs to figure out what they can do to be relevant soon. As always you have my respect.

Leave a comment:

• nightmarex
    replied
    FFS here we go again... Lol.

Okay, well, I guess Bridgman had the best comment. *BSD needs to figure out what they can do to be relevant soon. As always you have my respect.

Leave a comment:

• frantaylor
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I think the discussion is more "I want to run BSD when it is not lagging so far behind on graphics, what needs to happen to get there ?".
    What needs to happen is you need to buy a Mac, then you can have sweet graphics on your BSD system.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X