Arch BSD: Arch Linux Atop The FreeBSD Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryao View Post
    OpenRC is a RC system, not an init system. Unless you have adopted sysvinit, you are likely using the FreeBSD init system with OpenRC on top.

DragonflyBSD takes a different approach to kernel design than FreeBSD, but it is by no means more modern. FreeBSD has both DTrace and ZFS. DragonflyBSD has neither.
    fukc gentoo, their betrayed linux by working on bsd. to hell with gentoo. gentoo sucks. suks dicks!!!!

Comment

Kraftman, Pallidus

Check out (fool)freeBSD *lol*record*lol* boot up time in this youtube clip
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x85vO7HcUrY

90 sec man 90 freaken slow seconds
      Last edited by BSD SUCKS DICKS; 24 January 2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BSD SUCKS DICKS View Post
        Kraftman, Pallidus

Check out (fool)freeBSD *lol*record*lol* boot up time in this youtube clip
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x85vO7HcUrY

90 sec man 90 freaken slow seconds
        Really..?

Because from that video Gentoo took 19 seconds, and I can rival those speeds with ArchBSD

ArchBSD

Comment

good luck

I have been reading phoronix a while now and only decided to register in order to comment on this thread as bsd vs linux seems to be a magnet for people with nothing better to do than rant.

Please don't be disheartened at all, the whole point of open source is that a person can experiment to their hearts content. As someone who is about to release an open source project, I'm currently breaching myself for a lot of flak that people are going to send my way for what it is.

I've been using arch Linux a while now and bsd has always been a blip on my radar but could never bring myself to take the dive and experiment; with your distro to be,I think I will try it out so thank you for your efforts and soldier on.

P.s. Things are certainly different from the olden days, now everyone has to feel correct and in doing so correct other people if not in agreement.just remember there are a few billion people in the world,a handful who don't get off their own butt can't spoil it.

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by BSD SUCKS DICKS View Post
            fukc gentoo, their betrayed linux by working on bsd. to hell with gentoo. gentoo sucks. suks dicks!!!!
            by your logic, anything that uses a BSD style init system sucks. therefore, 90% of linux sucks, and the rest either sucked in the past, or sucks for some other reason.

Comment

Originally posted by tvall View Post
              by your logic, anything that uses a BSD style init system sucks. therefore, 90% of linux sucks, and the rest either sucked in the past, or sucks for some other reason.
              Wrong DICK FACE, 90% of Linux use SysV init and upgrade to the awesome systemd. I hate gentoo and debian cause they are now working on BSD and thus betraying Linux.

Most Linuxes has always been SysV init cos SysV init outperforms and kill BullShitD init.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                  Nah, no more than BSD anti-Linux crowd.
                  I agree, just take a look at their latest propaganda:

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/r...01/FreeBSD.jpg

This hear is evidence that BSD people hate Linux. And we as Linux users and supporters must stand up against them and beat them back.

Teach them a lesson and confiscate their source code, remove the BSD license and put GPL on it and give the source code to the Linux foundation.

Also if the FSF principles make it to law (Which I hope they will) they should make sure that anyone who develops and/or uses BSD or follow their practices of licensing software under the BSD license should be put in jail. (I'm serious)

Comment

Originally posted by Amzo View Post
                    Basically, the project was to user a new package manager (pacman) and to use a new initsystem ( OpenRC ) and things have been going well.
                    This sounds very similar Alpine Linux. We use OpenRC and uClibc/busybox in userspace instead of GNU. Musl were not that mature when we started the project but we are interested in switching to musl. We considered pacman and pkgbuild but ended up making our own package manager, apk-tools. Also, like OpenBSD, we like hardening up things in kernel and therefore we use the Grsecurity patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
                      Someone please tell the dev how pkg_add works.
                      Or even better, tell them that apk-tools exists.

Comment

Working...
                      X