replied
    yep... get this:

no live sessions so you have to install if you actually wanna try it out

but here's the kicker, use it for 20 mins and then it shuts the fuck down

want more?

buy it

the price?

I dunno dawg lemme see what I can do :trollface:

if you have a X or Y we can hook you up for XX? if you have an amiga it's only X?

if you happen to have a powerbook g4 oh it's going to be 2x XX? COZ THATS THE WAY WE ROLL

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
    but fuck me if you think I'm going to install something that shuts down after 20 minutes of use
    It does? It is like a demo restriction or something?

Leave a comment:

• Pallidus
    replied
    I actually have a bunch of powerpc laptops, g4 etc's

but fuck me if you think I'm going to install something that shuts down after 20 minutes of use

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    There are the new Amigas, namely the "Sams" which aren't mega expensive but are very slow by modern standards. Plenty fast enough for AmigaOS and probably MorphOS though. The Amiga X1000 is more powerful but also much more expensive... if you can even get your hands on one.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    Out of curiosity are there any PowerPC machines a commoner (read dont cost an arm and a leg) can actually buy? Not old macs of course.
    Maybe there are some old IBM IntelliStation.
    Else there are POWER system-on-chips such as EfikaPPC, etc.
    Maybe Freescale Semiconductor offers some system-on-a-chip with a POWER processor.

Or you can check if any member of Power.org offers POWER machines.

Leave a comment:

• Veerappan
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    Out of curiosity are there any PowerPC machines a commoner (read dont cost an arm and a leg) can actually buy? Not old macs of course.
    All I'm finding on Amazon/Newegg are G4/G5 iBook/Powerbook/PowerMac/iMac machines.

Of course, that's assuming that you ignore that a PowerPC processor is at the heart of every XBox 360, Wii, WiiU, and PS3.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Veerappan
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Phoronix is a Linux site. MorphOS is not related to Linux, it isn't even related to Unix, nor is it free software or open source.

Proprietary software have ruined enough of computing with their proprietary software, formats, and protocols. Their theft from open source, their patents and trademarks, their lawsuits and litigations. Their draconian restriction of user freedom and software freedom.

Free software is the only fair, just, moral way of software.
    Proprietary software developers should be hanged by their balls!
    These "developers" are the traitors of the computing era!
    Now tell us how you really feel... Being a developer of proprietary software in the medical research industry, I would like to say, "Please don't hang me by my balls."

Oh, and I spend most of my free hobby time working on open-source software. So, am I a traitor, or a patriot? Hmm?

I write software to pay the bills, and I need a way to get paid for that. Custom software applications for a niche industry is one way that I can do it. And then I can take those skills that I hone on a daily basis, and apply them to improving free software at home.

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Interesting. I keep my ear to the ground with Amiga developments and checked out AROS not so long ago but I never seem to hear much from the MorphOS camp, maybe because I've never wandered in that direction. I don't know why but OS4 and AROS are closer to my heart. Anyway, good to hear there's still life in it.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
    So why the harsh words on a project that is totally irrelevant to you in any way? Opensource is not an silver bullet or anything.
    Phoronix is a Linux site. MorphOS is not related to Linux, it isn't even related to Unix, nor is it free software or open source.

Proprietary software have ruined enough of computing with their proprietary software, formats, and protocols. Their theft from open source, their patents and trademarks, their lawsuits and litigations. Their draconian restriction of user freedom and software freedom.

Free software is the only fair, just, moral way of software.
    Proprietary software developers should be hanged by their balls!
    These "developers" are the traitors of the computing era!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X