Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Easy Way To Try Out FreeBSD 10

Phoronix: An Easy Way To Try Out FreeBSD 10

If you have been wanting to try out the FreeBSD 10-CURRENT operating system that's presently under development, there's now an easier way...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Two steps back, one forward ...

For all of you who are with the FreeBSD project, offering ISO snapshots even of the ongoing, cutting edge development version, has been droped a while ago. If you look at the FTP tree structure at ftp.freebsd.org you'll easily discover a skeleton of the past. I appreciate the reinstallation of that service very much!

By the way, https://www.allbsd.org/ offers you daily snapshots of a lot of recent *BSD operating systems. This great japanese site build every day the sources and publish success or non-success on a very fancy webpage.

And for those who might be scared about the development stage of FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT: I use intensively FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 built with the new native LLVM/CLANG v3.2 for my every day usage in the lab - which means for scientific use, for my day-to-day work and even as a server, providing PostgreSQL 9.2.1 service, Apache 2.22, OpenLDAP 2.4 and other servers I rely on. I'm that risky building close to every second day the OS on the fastest box and I experience only very rarely problems which also could occur in the so beloved Linux environments with faulty updates! Yes, it is a risk, but ...

Comment

Originally posted by Eisnefaust View Post
      By the way, https://www.allbsd.org/ offers you daily snapshots of a lot of recent *BSD operating systems. This great japanese site build every day the sources and publish success or non-success on a very fancy webpage.
      Awesome! Thanks very much!!

Comment

Working...
      X