No announcement yet.

Magenta Pairs Linux With Darwin/BSD, Is Like iOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the 'hanging' when copying large amounts of data, I read of a similar problem someone had on the Arch forums which I believe was eventually solved by turning off defragmentation in transparent hugepages.

One quick way to see if it's related to transparent hugepages would be to add 'transparent_hugepage=never' to your kernel boot parameters and then start copying large amounts of data to see if it still hangs.

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
      As for the 'hanging' when copying large amounts of data, I read of a similar problem someone had on the Arch forums which I believe was eventually solved by turning off defragmentation in transparent hugepages.

One quick way to see if it's related to transparent hugepages would be to add 'transparent_hugepage=never' to your kernel boot parameters and then start copying large amounts of data to see if it still hangs.
      Ah, thanks for the tip - Next time, i plan on doing a huge transfer - if it still hangs (on 3.4-rt), i will try this out and see if it makes a difference. Luckily, it is rare that i need to back up 300gig of data.

cheerz

Comment

Working...
      X