X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by BagOfMostlyWater View Post
    Can you also perform the tests on identical hardware?

The tests were done on the same hardware.... There's reporting differences between the kernels.

Leave a comment:

• Nobu
    replied
    Code:
    Processor:
     - Debian kFreeBSD:	AMD Opteron 2384 @ 2.70GHz (8 Cores)
     - Debian Linux:	2 x AMD Opteron 2384 @ 2.70GHz (8 Cores)
    Really? Is this right? Am I seeing things?

Leave a comment:

• BagOfMostlyWater
    replied
    Apples to oranges

Can you also perform the tests on identical hardware?

Leave a comment:

• elanthis
    replied
    Some analysis as to what caused those huge differences in performance would be welcome. Especially as, to my knowledge, several of those were just CPU-bound tests that should have relatively little impact from the kernel in use, unless there's something pathologically wrong with the CPU scheduler or memory manager subsystems of the kernel. I mean, I'd expect there to potentially be huge differences in I/O throughput or something that's heavily dependent on the kernel's algorithms of choice, but not for something that is mostly a test of the system's hardware.

Leave a comment:

• Debian: kFreeBSD 9.0 Kernel Competing Against Linux 3.2

Phoronix: Debian: kFreeBSD 9.0 Kernel Competing Against Linux 3.2

The Debian GNU/kFreeBSD project has been quite interesting as one of the official Debian operating system ports. Debian GNU/kFreeBSD pairs the FreeBSD kernel with the Debian GNU user-land so that users can enjoy their traditional Debian applications while taking advantage of the FreeBSD kernel. With the recently released FreeBSD 9.0 kernel having worked its way into Debian Wheezy, how is the FreeBSD 9.0 kernel performance compared to the Linux 3.2 kernel? This article provides those benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X