Mac OS X 10.8 vs. Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sna?

How does this compare when using a more updated Mesa stack (rc2 is nice, but using git feels really up-to-date) and the --enable-sna flag for the intel driver? Looking at previous articles, it seems that it would squeeze a few extra fps, but not much. Still might be interesting.

+1 to the battery benchmarks.

Comment

I'm waiting for a benchmark with Ubuntu 13.x with Wayland and Intel Graphics jeje.

Comment

Quite strange Nexuiz was so slow. I remeber an article in 2011 where intel linux graphics was almost on par with windows..... but not with sandy bridge if i remeber well. Would be very nice to have a Win vs Linux benchmark with intel sandy bridge IGP (on a PC not on apple hw).

Comment

OpenSSL performance

I would like to know why Phoronix keeps placing OpenSSL benchmarks if OpenSSL is deprecated in OS X.

In Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Apple deprecates the use of OpenSSL. You can see deprecation messages when compiling. OpenSSL is deprecated in Lion...

Apple has marked most (but not all) of the OpenSSL API as "deprecated" in MacOS 10.7. Has Apple made any statements explaining why they are moving from OpenSSL to Common Crypto?

Not surprisingly, OpenSSL has a very low performance on OS X. Is there a chance the Phoronix Test can be updated with Common Crypto?

So we could see the security libraries Apple is working on and not the ones which are being phased out?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSan View Post
            I would like to know why Phoronix keeps placing OpenSSL benchmarks if OpenSSL is deprecated in OS X.

In Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Apple deprecates the use of OpenSSL. You can see deprecation messages when compiling. OpenSSL is deprecated in Lion...

Apple has marked most (but not all) of the OpenSSL API as "deprecated" in MacOS 10.7. Has Apple made any statements explaining why they are moving from OpenSSL to Common Crypto?

Not surprisingly, OpenSSL has a very low performance on OS X. Is there a chance the Phoronix Test can be updated with Common Crypto?

So we could see the security libraries Apple is working on and not the ones which are being phased out?
            I would like to know why there are compile benchmarks. OS X is using llvm and it is known it compiles faster, but the end result is much worse. Such tests are meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
              I would like to know why there are compile benchmarks. OS X is using llvm and it is known it compiles faster, but the end result is much worse. Such tests are meaningless.
              The end result was also tested.

Comment

Plzz Battery life Benchmark!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X