ReactOS Pushes Out A New Operating System Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragnadh View Post
    I like the idea of this OS, Had a great time with windows 2000/xp.
    Sarcasm noted =P

Comment

What iI've read and understand it want to help use windows applications without windows OS. But did it bring something else than wine or windows or
      is the only point not to pay the windows license?
      If somebody have a clue for me it will be great (and sadly it is not sarcasm).

Comment

Originally posted by rafirafi View Post
        What iI've read and understand it want to help use windows applications without windows OS. But did it bring something else than wine or windows or
        is the only point not to pay the windows license?
        If somebody have a clue for me it will be great (and sadly it is not sarcasm).
        It wants to be a Windows clone. I don't think they'll ever reach that goal though. Windows is closed source and extremely complicated; good luck cloning it in a binary compatible way...

Comment

The point of reactos is having a Windows version that doesn't suck, but Windows 7 kind of managed to not suck completely

This point is fun and personal education, not to have a gratis version of Windows. Why the hell spend so much free time, simply to not buy Windows :S

Comment

Running after a big company like microsoft is per se a challenge. But running to achieve the same goal? I don't understand but sometimes I think I must be stupid.
            When I've time I will try it, I'm ready for a free BSOD.

Comment

Working...
            X