FreeBSD 14.1 vs. DragonFlyBSD 6.4 vs. NetBSD 10 vs. Linux Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

I would just like to point out that Linux gets something like 10,000 times more auditing than all of the BSDs combined. Knowing about a flaw is so much better than not knowing about it. The fact that you can find CVEs for Linux but not the BSDs is exactly proof that Linux safer. There is no better proof, it is -thee- proof.

Obscurity does -not- equal security...
    Just because one pseudo-scientist says something doesn't make it true. I have never even heard of a FreeBSD box being compromised and it's mostly because nobody knows (obscurity) how to hack jails. The only reason anything gets hacked these days is because it becomes well-known and thus hacked.

Think for yourself sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by ol3geezer View Post

Just because one pseudo-scientist says something doesn't make it true. I have never even heard of a FreeBSD box being compromised and it's mostly because nobody knows (obscurity) how to hack jails. The only reason anything gets hacked these days is because it becomes well-known and thus hacked.

Think for yourself sometime.
      That only means that you don't know. You have no idea what a hacker that looks for vulnerabilities everyday knows.

Knowing about it means that it can get fixed. Just because somebody can read a CVE doesn't mean it can be exploited. That's the entire point of CVEs, to close the vulnerability it's about.
      Last edited by duby229; 09 July 2024, 11:41 AM.

Comment

That only means that you don't know. You have no idea what a hacker that looks for vulnerabilities everyday knows.

Knowing about it means that it can get fixed. Just because somebody can read a CVE doesn't mean it can be exploited. That's the entire point of CVEs, to close the vulnerability it's about.
        so? fact of the matter is that freebsd.org hasnt been compromised once in its entire history is proof that its security is robust and profound.

Comment

so? fact of the matter is that freebsd.org hasnt been compromised once in its entire history is proof that its security is robust and profound.
          A lack of evidence isn't evidence.

Comment

A lack of evidence isn't evidence.
            ah ok so you're just a troll

Comment

ah ok so you're just a troll
              Seriously!? You're the one on here talking about security by obscurity. It isn't true! Obscurity only means that YOU don't know. Ignorance isn't bliss!

Comment

Seriously!? You're the one on here talking about security by obscurity. It isn't true! Obscurity only means that YOU don't know. Ignorance isn't bliss!
                It's not ignorance, it's tried and true experience. I've ran dozens of websites with dozens of users and have never been hacked using my methodologies. Almost every hacker doesn't even understand what FreeBSD is let alone how to hack it. If you ransomware a jail then only the jail is ransomed.

Comment

You're posting a works for me type argument. It doesn't make it true.

Comment

You're posting a works for me type argument. It doesn't make it true.
                    nice strawman

learn how to debate first

Comment

Almost every hacker doesn't even understand what FreeBSD is let alone how to hack it. If you ransomware a jail then only the jail is ransomed.
                      This is what security through obscurity means. That it's a bit hazy, noone really cares so it's considered safe just because of this.

BS.

If FBSD had as many users as linux does, if FBSD had that level of pressure than linux does have, you'll be surprised by the amount of secholes.

Comment

Working...
                      X