FreeBSD 13.2-RC4 Released With Fixed Suspend/Resume For Some Laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD 13.2-RC4 Released With Fixed Suspend/Resume For Some Laptops

Phoronix: FreeBSD 13.2-RC4 Released With Fixed Suspend/Resume For Some Laptops

FreeBSD 13.2-RC4 is now available with a few more fixes for this BSD operating system update. A FreeBSD 13.2-RC5 release is also inbound as an extra release candidate with one more bug fix, after which the stable release should happen...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    At large FreeBSD 13.2 re-introduces the WireGuard driver
    How many times has that driver been reintroduced to the kernel? Such instability is very unusual for FreeBSD, are they preparing to move from a conservative OS model to a cutting edge one?

Comment

Originally posted by Nozo View Post
      How many times has that driver been reintroduced to the kernel? Such instability is very unusual for FreeBSD, are they preparing to move from a conservative OS model to a cutting edge one?
      Just this once after it missed out 13.0 for egregious reasons. (basically the driver was a pile of crap in the first iteration). The firewall/router distros of FreeBSD like PFsense and OPNSense have already picked it back up If I recall.

Comment

I have installed FreeBSD a few times in VirtualBox, and we run a TrueOS NAS at work, so use some FreeBSD. I installed the RC3 from the other day in VirtualBox and really like the console font they use. Also a solid block cursor that does *not* blink, I like that a lot! Also, the boot messages/text is a bolder white when coming from the kernel, then standard, almost a little more gray when coming from init / user space. Never noticed that before. Anyway, small little details that I think are cool. Not going to argue the merits or lack of merits with FreeBSD (I'm not an expert in this), but glad it is around and keeps progressing.
        Last edited by ehansin; 26 March 2023, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X