Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD 6.2.2 Released With Fixes For HAMMER2, Kernel Bugs

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD 6.2.2 Released With Fixes For HAMMER2, Kernel Bugs

DragonFlyBSD 6.2 was introduced back in January with the AMDGPU Linux kernel driver port, HAMMER2 improvements, and the NVMM hypervisor port, among other improvements. Out this weekend is DragonFlyBSD 6.2.2 with various bug-fixes atop that stable code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome

Comment

I've never met someone that runs DragonFlyBSD as their daily driver workstation. Anyone on Phoronix run DragonFly as a daily driver? How is it?

Comment

kylew77 some people on telegram uses dragonflyBSD don't know anyone here that runs it as daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
          I've never met someone that runs DragonFlyBSD as their daily driver workstation. Anyone on Phoronix run DragonFly as a daily driver? How is it?
          Not as daily driver but have used it quite a bit now and then to play around with. '"classic" FreeBSD experience' in a nutshell. No nvidia driver obviously, so you either have to use supported Radeon's or Intel, other than that - basically painless transition when switching from FreeBSD. Massive differences in core system obviously but userspace-side is basically tailored to/by FreeBSD. It also uses fork of FreeBSD ports adapted to it's particulars. If all you want are basic office , web, multimedia - you can use it. Freeware games also tend to work as long as you get 3d accel to work (minetest Minecraft clone, Flightgear..).
          You can forget running Linux-specific binaries and binary translation (no Linux ABI, it was stripped out at some point). Since I like my Netflix and can get it working on FreeBSD..
          Last edited by aht0; 15 June 2022, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Not as daily driver but have used it quite a bit now and then to play around with. '"classic" FreeBSD experience' in a nutshell. No nvidia driver obviously, so you either have to use supported Radeon's or Intel, other than that - basically painless transition when switching from FreeBSD. Massive differences in core system obviously but userspace-side is basically tailored to/by FreeBSD. It also uses fork of FreeBSD ports adapted to it's particulars. If all you want are basic office , web, multimedia - you can use it. Freeware games also tend to work as long as you get 3d accel to work (minetest Minecraft clone, Flightgear..).
            You can forget running Linux-specific binaries and binary translation (no Linux ABI, it was stripped out at some point). Since I like my Netflix and can get it working on FreeBSD..
            Thanks aht0 I always appreciate your insight and opinions on these forums.

Comment

Working...
            X