Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haiku Had A Very Busy March Improving Hardware Support & More

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Haiku Had A Very Busy March Improving Hardware Support & More

    Phoronix: Haiku Had A Very Busy March Improving Hardware Support & More

    Haiku as the open-source operating system continuing the great work inspired by BeOS remains very active in working to accomplish their goals...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-OS-March-2022

  • #2
    The little operating system that could!

    Comment


    • #3
      The Year of the Haiku desktop might actually come.

      (Linux is hopeless)

      Comment


      • #4
        i understand everything but i think they are really missing a big opportunity by not porting this over to the raspberry pi.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ayumu View Post
          The Year of the Haiku desktop might actually come.

          (Linux is hopeless)
          You're hopeless and your broken windows. Linux actually succeeded, but you have to be something more than amoeba to understand this. Haiku on the other hand is nothing more than a toy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just so all y'all know
            My operating system
            Is better than yours
            Last edited by skeevy420; 17 April 2022, 10:38 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Volta View Post

              You're hopeless and your broken windows. Linux actually succeeded, but you have to be something more than amoeba to understand this. Haiku on the other hand is nothing more than a toy.
              He's talking about the desktop space. Please tell me how Linux succeeded there with less than 4% market share?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

                He's talking about the desktop space. Please tell me how Linux succeeded there with less than 4% market share?
                All of the Steam Decks sold. More to come. Linux has the highest number of playable games next to Windows. Linux started conquering the desktop much later than macOS and it's not too far behind. Linux recently started fixing its the biggest downside on desktop: X. Windows is on Solaris path to the end while Linux future is very bright. The only one who's hopless here is 'I have no clue - ayumu'. The fight just started and Linux is on much better position than anything. Haiku is maybe twenty years behind..
                Last edited by Volta; 17 April 2022, 01:18 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  Just so all y'all know
                  My operating system
                  Is better than yours
                  Yeah, just like racing cars or humans. We're not the same if you didn't notice, yet.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
                    i understand everything but i think they are really missing a big opportunity by not porting this over to the raspberry pi.
                    And that's where you be wrong

                    https://www.haiku-os.org/guides/building/port_status/ They have several ports in the process.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X