Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD 13.1-RC2 Released With More Fixes

Phoronix: FreeBSD 13.1-RC2 Released With More Fixes

Building off last week's FreeBSD 13.1 release candidate, a second release candidate has been issued ahead of this incremental FreeBSD operating system update due to be formally released before month's end...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

With FreeBSD having a new release at the end of April and OpenBSD poised to release 7.1 at the beginning of May, we should get some fresh benchmarks!

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
      With FreeBSD having a new release at the end of April and OpenBSD poised to release 7.1 at the beginning of May, we should get some fresh benchmarks!
      Hopefully, NetBSD and DragonflyBSD are going to be included as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post

Hopefully, NetBSD and DragonflyBSD are going to be included as well.
        Yes hopefully! I'm not sure when the next release of DragonFlyBSD comes out but NetBSD 10 is due soon too!

Comment

I had a pretty naff experience with 12.3 on an old AMD system with an old HD 6570 GPU using the radeon driver -- as in kernel dumps left and right.

As soon as I installed 13.1-Beta2, those issues went away. As an aside, it's been pretty easy to upgrade the system through betas and RCs due to the separation between base OS and ports.

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post
            I had a pretty naff experience with 12.3 on an old AMD system with an old HD 6570 GPU using the radeon driver -- as in kernel dumps left and right.

As soon as I installed 13.1-Beta2, those issues went away. As an aside, it's been pretty easy to upgrade the system through betas and RCs due to the separation between base OS and ports.
            FreeBSD is great with its separation between base and ports. I was wishing we used it at work last week when we were struggling with an initramfs in Cent 7.

Comment

Working...
            X