• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post

Actually, mac os is a certified unix
    Heh, they don't have great company...
    https://www.opengroup.org/openbrand/register/ SCO is on that list

Comment

Originally posted by Istanbull View Post
      I was pretty disappointed that helloSystem did not boot on my Ryzen 4500U APU thinkpad, the hardware support doesn't seem to be all that there. These guys seem to know what they are doing so I will follow.
      Renoir APU? Install your favorite desktop on vanilla FreeBSD 13-STABLE and use drm-devel-kmod (or clone, compile and install drm-5.7-stable from github repo). That would start up your display. No clue as to what version of FreeBSD base has helloSystem been built on, maybe that drm module would be installable on helloSystem as well. Necessary kernel work for Renoir appeared in STABLE and should get to 13.1-RELEASE (which ain't out yet) so you kind of need to use 13-STABLE right now for that.
      Last edited by aht0; 21 February 2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Renoir APU? Install your favorite desktop on vanilla FreeBSD 13-STABLE and use drm-devel-kmod (or clone, compile and install drm-5.7-stable from github repo). That would start up your display. No clue as to what version of FreeBSD base has helloSystem been built on, maybe that drm module would be installable on helloSystem as well. Necessary kernel work for Renoir appeared in STABLE and should get to 13.1-RELEASE (which ain't out yet) so you kind of need to use 13-STABLE right now for that.
        I did get drm-kmod working on 13 stable very well with no issues, it's just helloSystem which don't seem to have the support going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Istanbull View Post
          I did get drm-kmod working on 13 stable very well with no issues, it's just helloSystem which don't seem to have the support going on.
          Good to hear. Took me a bit to figure out myself (bought Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G for home server) which I knew was "Vega 7" or "Vega 8". As I was using also Vega 10 discrete card in another machine with seemingly good hw support, "no screen"-error initially baffled me. Kinda ass-backwards that Vega with a smaller digit is actually newer iteration.

Funnier part of Renoir APU's: Windows 10 LTSB and Windows 2016 has no gpu support for it.

Comment

Working...
          X