DragonFlyBSD Now Has Working Support For Intel Whiskey Lake Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD Now Has Working Support For Intel Whiskey Lake Graphics

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD Now Has Working Support For Intel Whiskey Lake Graphics

The BSDs continue to lag behind Linux when it comes to the graphics driver support, but this time the Intel Whiskey Lake graphics should have been in long ago -- and believed to be -- but adding the PCI IDs were forgotten...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...SD-WhiskeyLake

I am not modern enough to have whiskey lake graphics, however a sip of Glenfarclas 105 makes me breathe fire like a dragon so close enough I guess

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

I like Laphroaig because of its Iodine-like taste. Would be interessting what kind of Ions do get disolved out of an intel CPU.

Comment

The image is magical, lol. Happy new year.

Comment

Is that a socket 775 CPU?

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
          I am not modern enough to have whiskey lake graphics, however a sip of Glenfarclas 105 makes me breathe fire like a dragon so close enough I guess
          My tipple of choice recently is Caol Ila, although that's because the Lagavulin didn't survive Christmas.

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
          I like Laphroaig because of its Iodine-like taste. Would be interessting what kind of Ions do get disolved out of an intel CPU.
          I've not drunk Laphroaig for years, but it went through a period where its popularity exploded worldwide, they couldn't seem to make enough and quality dropped. I hope it's recovered, as it was one of my favourites.

Originally posted by microcode View Post
          The image is magical, lol. Happy new year.
          Yeah, I only came here to comment on the picture.

Happy New Year, all.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post

My tipple of choice recently is Caol Ila, although that's because the Lagavulin didn't survive Christmas.

I've not drunk Laphroaig for years, but it went through a period where its popularity exploded worldwide, they couldn't seem to make enough and quality dropped. I hope it's recovered, as it was one of my favourites.

Yeah, I only came here to comment on the picture.

Happy New Year, all.
            So obviously someone appreachiating the Islay distillerys too . Also amongst my favourite ones. But to be honest since brexit my support for UK went rather down. I know brexiteers are only roughly 51% (2016) (Scotland even below 50%). The way UK especially government is shading lights on EU "Partnership" is let's say abysmal. The only way I can disagree is not buying goods from UK. Let em tast their own poison.
            So instead of scotch I can recommend Armenian brandies of course this is more the Cognac tasteprofile side but as we Germans say if you got dismissed by a girl "other parents do also have nice daughters " .. Sry for the OT

And I wish you a happynew year too!. Btw If you are a UK citizens this is by no means a personal offence. I really don't have an issue with Brits or Uk in general. Just the way the UK Gov is behaving on international stage same counts for Trump. I will never buy Whirlpool anymore.
            Last edited by CochainComplex; 29 December 2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

So obviously someone appreachiating the Islay distillerys too
              Really dependent on the distillery. For a Highlands distillery I really like Tomatin, they do some excellent single malts. One thing I find highly amusing about living in Japan is that fairly often I can get Scotch whisky cheaper than I could in the UK. It's all about the tax, and regardless of which colour rosette the current government wears, taxes never seem to go down.

If you can find any, there are a number of excellent Japanese whiskies available, although the palate here tends to prefer softer, sweeter whisky rather than smoky or peaty. "The Chita" would probably be anything from 40-60 Euro (sorry, don't have a Euro sign on this keyboard!) depending on import duty in Germany, and I like it quite a bit. Anything out of the Yamazaki distillery is also well worth a shot. I've not found a dud yet (although I'll admit I've not tried their really expensive stuff... and the cheaper ones you shouldn't expect miracles from...)

Don't bother with anything less than about 40 Euro, though, as chances are it'll be something that is about 8-10 Euro here. I just got a shock when I checked a shop I used physically visit in Scotland... and found a bottle I can get in the local convenience store going for 35 GBP, which is about four times what it costs here. "The Chita" on the other hand, was only ("only", haha) about 40% overpriced compared to here.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
                Yes, it is a core 2 duo e6600 at 2.4Ghz. Purchased it back in late 2007 , still works great and since it uses DDR2 memory the hardware is (to my knowledge) not broken like it is with DDR3(/DDR4?), rowhammer and all that nonsense.

As for the drink, Lagavulin is good, but rather too peaty for my taste. I tried Talisker a couple of times as well, but that is really ashtray and seawater. I prefer more and more the smoother sherry casks whiskeys. Aberlour a'bunadh for example is great example. Regardless I don't care about all the fancy talk around whiskey which age is a primary ting for some- for it is all about what I like, and what it can be used for. Same thing with computers - I still love my Commodore 64, Amiga and 775 CPU even if the later was dangerously close for getting an upgrade recently.
                Last edited by waxhead; 01 January 2022, 08:33 AM. Reason: (minor typo)

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Yes, it is a core 2 duo e6600 at 2.4Ghz.
                  Thought I recognised the keying. Socket 775 was the last socket I did any actually serious overclocking on, too...

As for the drink, Lagavulin is good, but rather too peaty for my taste. I tried Talisker a couple of times as well, but that is really ashtray and seawater. I prefer more and more the smoother sherry casks whiskeys. Aberlour a'bunadh for example is great example. Regardless I don't care about all the fancy talk around whiskey which age is a primary ting for some- for it is all about what I like, and what it can be used for. Same thing with computers - I still love my Commodore 64, Amiga and 775 CPU even if the later was dangerously close for getting an upgrade recently.
                  I'm not a great fan of the "normal" Talisker, although what I drink depends largely on mood, availability and price. With some notable exceptions, I rarely buy the same whisky more than once or twice - there are so many to try, it seems a shame not to try them! Cu Dhub (pronounced "coo doo", if I remember the little Gaelic I learned correctly, or "black dog") is a very nice whisky, which is very darkly caramel in colour - you would expect it to be strong or overly smoky, but it's not!

Comment

Working...
                  X